Re: Transfer deadline day - Tuesday 11pm

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 28th, 2023, 10:32 am
Percy plunkett wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:57 pm I have always thought that it is best not to alert other clubs about possible signings.Keep quiet until a player actually signs so,anyone with rumours,say nothing.

You will never stop rumours
My point is,if fans in the know tell everyone on here that the club are speaking to a certain player then,that may alert other clubs who will then offer more and we miss out.Best option is to say nothing and wait until the photo of him holding a scarf appears on the website.

NearlyDead wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:40 pm There are at least 3 Championship teams that have been quoted as sniffing him out as a loan signing, so this would be an almost seismic event if he came to us!
I doubt that he is coming to us but PL clubs often like their young players to start at a low level of football. He has never played a FL game and Man U may not want him to start in the Championship. We've had several such players at County and one, Ben White, went on to play for England.

Percy plunkett wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:50 am
Percy plunkett wrote: January 27th, 2023, 8:57 pm I have always thought that it is best not to alert other clubs about possible signings.Keep quiet until a player actually signs so,anyone with rumours,say nothing.

My point is,if fans in the know tell everyone on here that the club are speaking to a certain player then,that may alert other clubs who will then offer more and we miss out.Best option is to say nothing and wait until the photo of him holding a scarf appears on the website.
The idea that anything said on a fans forum has any effect on who signs and who doesn't is right up there with alien kidnap in being totally ludicrous.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:01 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: January 28th, 2023, 11:50 am

The idea that anything said on a fans forum has any effect on who signs and who doesn't is right up there with alien kidnap in being totally ludicrous.
According to someone on the other mb,a player was signing for us on Friday.I have been on other clubs’ mb’s and others come on ours.Let’s say a Salford official just happened to pop on and see that statement and tells their manager who says “ Bloody hell,I didn’t realise he was available,can we get hold of his agent “.His agent then rings said player and asks “ Where are you “ ,the player says “Just south of Birmingham “ ,agent says “ Turn around and come back,we have got a better deal “.It may sound ludicrous to you but not to me.Footballers get their heads turned and are influenced by agents so,it is best to get the forms signed first then announce that player A has signed rather than he is going to.