Re: Possible signing ?

owlsabout wrote: January 25th, 2023, 1:45 pm Can only go on defending for so long nothing to do with fresh legs , if that was the case then you would have to question the manager ! Tbf the amount of ground MD is being asked to cover with these long throws tactics is ridiculous no wonder he is making a few mistakes .
Ok let me word it differently … younger quicker legs ….: imo MD is one of the best signings the club have made since re incarnation (could argue “the best”) but for whatever reason, be it ageing, be it long pointless throws, he’s getting slower before our very eyes, wasnt actually pointing the finger at him actually, don’t think PF covered himself in any glory for the first goal tbh, but as much as I agree we need at least one (prob 2) new CFs), if a new CB helps the stem of goals then il be ok with it.

Even club legends legs go at some point !!

I'm not entirely sure his legs are going, I just think he's knackered. How many games has he missed since he signed for County. Other than that foot injury ?last season/season before it literally has been one game a season...

And I've been suggesting resting him on occasions for at least three seasons. He's being flogged, which is why he makes mistakes...

Jdw4127 wrote: January 25th, 2023, 2:47 pm I don’t get this alleged signing at all. GC stated that he would only sign players who improve the starting 11, so how can a young defender with no senior appearances be in that mould ?
Also thought that we had a good young defender as cover in Woodiwiss, who came back from loan at Pontypridd, what’s happened to him, is he injured as doesn’t get mentioned ?
Whenever I've seen Woodiwiss he's looked basically defensively sound. And a ball player. He can play CB or defensive midfield...

wattsville_boy wrote: January 25th, 2023, 8:05 pm I'm not entirely sure his legs are going, I just think he's knackered. How many games has he missed since he signed for County. Other than that foot injury ?last season/season before it literally has been one game a season...

And I've been suggesting resting him on occasions for at least three seasons. He's being flogged, which is why he makes mistakes...
Tbf I am a massive MD fan, one of the best, if not the best permanent signing since our reform, but for whatever reason, be it workload or whatever, he’s ageing rapidly ….. so if we sign younger fresher quicker legs in the defence, I’m up for it, we ain’t got a lot of pace there and tbh my original post wasn’t aimed directly at MD, PF was equally culpable for the first goal at Carlisle where the defending was akin to what you’d expect to see over the Glebalands on a Sunday morning !

Justanordinaryfan wrote: January 25th, 2023, 8:22 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: January 25th, 2023, 8:05 pm I'm not entirely sure his legs are going, I just think he's knackered. How many games has he missed since he signed for County. Other than that foot injury ?last season/season before it literally has been one game a season...

Tbf I am a massive MD fan, one of the best, if not the best permanent signing since our reform, but for whatever reason, be it workload or whatever, he’s ageing rapidly ….. so if we sign younger fresher quicker legs in the defence, I’m up for it, we ain’t got a lot of pace there and tbh my original post wasn’t aimed directly at MD, PF was equally culpable for the first goal at Carlisle where the defending was akin to what you’d expect to see over the Glebalands on a Sunday morning !
I didn't see it as a direct criticism of MD, merely expressing a view that he is making more mistakes than he has in the past. To be honest with Clarke injured there hasn't been many options at CB, especially as he seems the only CB comfortable playing with his left peg. I know a club of County's size have to compromise but it does feel short-sighted if you're going to operate with 4 (primarily) CB's not to consider to right-footed and two left-footed or to look to the Academy for cover when you're down to 3 fit CB's.

I know nothing about either of the potential signings but am in two minds about both. Obviously getting an U21 international in on loan is good for County (and potentially Wales in the future) but once again it questions the point of running an Academy if you're never going to give youngsters graduating to pro status an opportunity...