Re: Leveling up

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:00 am So yet again kardiff gets a massive wedge Newport nothing

Yep that's leveling up 🤬
Mmmm a difficult one I guess - we are part of the 'Cardiff capital region' and any improvements to Cardiff have knock on benefits for us - theoretically at least, certainly (and while Newport could do a LOT more to promote itself as a tourist and business destination) I imagine a lot of people visiting Cardiff will stay in a hotel in Newport and hop across on the train. OK I'm being magnanimous but in some ways £50 million for a proper worthwhile project is better than splitting it across piddling little projects?

CathedralCounty wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:53 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:00 am So yet again kardiff gets a massive wedge Newport nothing

Yep that's leveling up 🤬
Mmmm a difficult one I guess - we are part of the 'Cardiff capital region' and any improvements to Cardiff have knock on benefits for us - theoretically at least, certainly (and while Newport could do a LOT more to promote itself as a tourist and business destination) I imagine a lot of people visiting Cardiff will stay in a hotel in Newport and hop across on the train. OK I'm being magnanimous but in some ways £50 million for a proper worthwhile project is better than splitting it across piddling little projects?

This trickle down crumbs from the Tory high table is nonsense. As far as the Tories are concerned proper worthwhile projects are rich people, working people are piddling little projects. Unfortunately too many of the 'have nots' still tip their hats to these parasite Tories who feed off working people. Zero hours contracts, a dismantled NHS, more and more legislation to screw over those who create the wealth.

It is wrong to hate people but f@ck it I genuinely hate the Tories.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 19th, 2023, 10:35 am

Yep that's leveling up 🤬

This trickle down crumbs from the Tory high table is nonsense. As far as the Tories are concerned proper worthwhile projects are rich people, working people are piddling little projects. Unfortunately too many of the 'have nots' still tip their hats to these parasite Tories who feed off working people. Zero hours contracts, a dismantled NHS, more and more legislation to screw over those who create the wealth.

I'm not talking about 'trickle down' never used that term, and whole I'm not a 'Tory' new labour didn't do much for Wales either! Wales has always been somewhat funked over by the Westminster p[parties of all stripes.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:23 pm

Yep that's leveling up 🤬

I'm not talking about 'trickle down' never used that term, and whole I'm not a 'Tory' new labour didn't do much for Wales either! Wales has always been somewhat funked over by the Westminster p[parties of all stripes.
No, you call them 'knock on benefits'. But it's trickle down.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:39 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: January 19th, 2023, 2:23 pm

Yep that's leveling up 🤬

No, you call them 'knock on benefits'. But it's trickle down.
Nope - if public transport links in and around Cardiff are better more people will visit Cardiff which means more people will stay/pass through/visit/eat in Newport (to avoid the cheeky pricing in Cardiff if nothing else) - 'trickle down' is a different concept.