Club shop closed

The club website has announced the closure of the shop due to Elite Sports administration going into administration. Hope this is only temporary as the club could do with the cash as people buy Christmas presents from there. I’m sure it will be sorted.

My wonder was whether it was associated with Elite Management who are agents for some of our players including the Manager MF when he was here. It may be a completely separate group, I have no idea so this is a genuine question.

Re: Club shop closed

pembsexile wrote: November 24th, 2022, 9:59 am The club website has announced the closure of the shop due to Elite Sports administration going into administration. Hope this is only temporary as the club could do with the cash as people buy Christmas presents from there. I’m sure it will be sorted.

My wonder was whether it was associated with Elite Management who are agents for some of our players including the Manager MF when he was here. It may be a completely separate group, I have no idea so this is a genuine question.
Oh that's not good - hopefully we can get stock into the rugby shop @RP sharpish as a stop gap - ultimately makes sense to have a presence in city centre and it benefits kingsway centre as brings people in - I remember the old 'AFC' even managed to have a club shop in the 'in shops' - not beyond the wit of people to resurrect

Having had a quick Google this morning, my understand is Elite Sports (nothing to do with the agents, just a coincidence on the name) are Hummel's exclusive licensees in the UK.
They do the kit deals with clubs and, in quite a few cases, run their retail operations. Their going into administration affects clubs at our level and at higher levels. Southampton, for instance, have also announced they've closed their physical and online shops while they talk to the administrators. Same with Northampton.
The issue with the shops that Elite Sports run (including ours) will be the stock will be owned by them, not by the clubs. So the clubs will have to do a deal with the administrators to buy the stock and take on the running of the shops - unless the administrators have had other offers.
Complicated situation and not deal, but let's hope it gets sorted soon particularly with Black Friday and Christmas round the corner. Spare a thought for the shop staff as well, as they'll be Elite Sports employees.

According to the Liverpool Echo Everton, who use Hummel kit, unlike most other Hummel clubs use a different retail partner and are unaffected by the Elite issue. Presumably Hummel have responsibility to sort out the mess if they want to continue supplying kit and merchandise to clubs
Everton won't be affected by the ongoing issues facing hummel's UK partner, Elite Sports Group.
This week both Southampton and Coventry City, who have hummel kit partnerships, were forced to temporarily close both their
online and physical retail outlets citing 'significant operating issues' facing Elite Sports Group, with the Saints detailing
their understanding of 'business and fulfilment challenges' being experienced by the third-party retailer. Everton have a kit
partnership with Danish sports manufacturer hummel, one that was extended at the start of October to run until the end of the
2023/24 season. But whereas Southampton, Coventry, Millwall and some other hummel clubs have direct partnerships with
Hertfordshire-based Elite Sports Group, Everton have deal with major US firm Fanatics over their retail operation and have no
direct link with Elite, due to their long-term Fanatics link-up. The ECHO have been told that there will be 'no impact' on retail
operations, either online or physical, as a result of any challenges that Elite are currently facing, with Elite having no direct
link up with Everton in the same way that they do with some of the other UK-based hummel clubs. Southampton have since ended their
partnership with Elite.
On Monday a Southampton statement read: "The club was recently made aware of significant business and fulfilment challenges being
experienced by our external third-party retail partner, Elite Sports Group, who manage the online and physical retail operation
of a number of clubs, including ours.

CathedralCounty wrote: November 24th, 2022, 10:20 am
pembsexile wrote: November 24th, 2022, 9:59 am The club website has announced the closure of the shop due to Elite Sports administration going into administration. Hope this is only temporary as the club could do with the cash as people buy Christmas presents from there. I’m sure it will be sorted.

Oh that's not good - hopefully we can get stock into the rugby shop @RP sharpish as a stop gap - ultimately makes sense to have a presence in city centre and it benefits kingsway centre as brings people in - I remember the old 'AFC' even managed to have a club shop in the 'in shops' - not beyond the wit of people to resurrect
I looked in the club shop at RP yesterday and there was no county stock at all in there

County Exile wrote: November 24th, 2022, 11:58 am According to the Liverpool Echo Everton, who use Hummel kit, unlike most other Hummel clubs use a different retail partner and are unaffected by the Elite issue. Presumably Hummel have responsibility to sort out the mess if they want to continue supplying kit and merchandise to clubs
Everton won't be affected by the ongoing issues facing hummel's UK partner, Elite Sports Group.
This week both Southampton and Coventry City, who have hummel kit partnerships, were forced to temporarily close both their
online and physical retail outlets citing 'significant operating issues' facing Elite Sports Group, with the Saints detailing
their understanding of 'business and fulfilment challenges' being experienced by the third-party retailer. Everton have a kit
partnership with Danish sports manufacturer hummel, one that was extended at the start of October to run until the end of the
2023/24 season. But whereas Southampton, Coventry, Millwall and some other hummel clubs have direct partnerships with
Hertfordshire-based Elite Sports Group, Everton have deal with major US firm Fanatics over their retail operation and have no
direct link with Elite, due to their long-term Fanatics link-up. The ECHO have been told that there will be 'no impact' on retail
operations, either online or physical, as a result of any challenges that Elite are currently facing, with Elite having no direct
link up with Everton in the same way that they do with some of the other UK-based hummel clubs. Southampton have since ended their
partnership with Elite.
On Monday a Southampton statement read: "The club was recently made aware of significant business and fulfilment challenges being
experienced by our external third-party retail partner, Elite Sports Group, who manage the online and physical retail operation
of a number of clubs, including ours.
The thing I love about Everton's city centre store is its name - its in the Liverpool One shopping complex - the shop name is 'Everton two' :wink: love it!

[edit] I preferred macron as a fit - Hummel is made for the tall/lean Danish figure not for the shorter and/or rounder Welsh figure! Maybe we won't be able to change manufacturer but think we need to look at our options - to be honest the Thai kits we had (FBT?) were surprisingly good - I still feel we ought to consider a local manufacturer like 'Tor' sports which is based in Newport

UPTHEPORT wrote: December 7th, 2022, 6:59 pm Good work the club getting the issue resolved so quickly
Sad to dance on the grave of Elite Sports (and feel sorry for its staff) BUT as with people who buy a repossessed home the club will likely get some benefit from this and lesson learnt also - sometimes contracting out works other times better to keep in house.