Re: World cup thread

Baladabadi wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:36 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: November 25th, 2022, 12:36 pm Anyhoo, my old mucca Hamid must be buzzing though. Great chance for them now to finally get out of a WC group stage with USA left to play
Very bitter/sweet for me today, kind of wanted a draw but must say the best team on the day won.
Definitely. Hopefully you’ll beat the USA and go through.

Time to make Ben Davies Captain to bring on our promising youngsters along with Joe Allen, who I thought played well once he came on.
We'll have lesser opposition having been relegated (like England) in the Nations League, and not over demanding opposition in the Euro qualifiers.
Please no more "humble" superstars.

wattsville_boy wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:43 pm I guess this is what happens when you choose a squad of recent crocks with nil game-time, a bunch of youngsters not in form and the rest made up of lower league players past their prime. It was a tired performance with no-one showing any quality or fight. A clear out needed after Tuesday...
'A clear out?' And bring in who?

Free beer wrote: November 25th, 2022, 9:47 pm
mad norm wrote: November 25th, 2022, 9:25 pm
excessbee wrote: November 25th, 2022, 9:11 pm
Nice one :bounce:
Have a listen to today's PM on Radio 4, from 6 minutes before you jump on the band wagon.
A former head of the security services provides a surprisingly balanced counterpoint to cheap knee jerk reactions.
Mmmm on this one I don’t think I have much sympathy and pulling the boo hoo “I’m a young woman” card is a cheap trick - she wasn’t caught shoplifting she joined a murderous death cult