Re: World cup thread

lowandhard wrote: December 1st, 2022, 10:11 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:39 pm Poor game, and Wales never at the races.
Never mind….the darts start in a couple of weeks
Was at the game mate. We felt Page not brave enough to leave Bale out ( who couldn’t run ) and Ramsey and Allen who were well below par. You can’t carry so many players and Ward was pretty awful too. Terrible positioning and we’d have been better off playing King. Kiefer Moore worked his socks off and came close a few times, creditable performance. England were far superior of course as expected, Foden was very good indeed. Welsh fans were magnificent and England couldn’t create any atmosphere until they were winning , they had to resort to banging a fecking drum. They also behaved like complete pricks afterwards being not at all gracious after the win . No wonder all the fans from other countries I talked to hate the cnuts. 😂😂😂
My gang succeeded in persuading me to make a prat of myself in Arab gear but the locals were fun and I became a photo opp 😫
[/img]

Nice one mate. Looking great. Atmosphere from the Welsh fans sounded great on the box.

Exile 1976 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 9:39 pm Poor game, and Wales never at the races.
Was at the game mate. We felt Page not brave enough to leave Bale out ( who couldn’t run ) and Ramsey and Allen who were well below par. You can’t carry so many players and Ward was pretty awful too. Terrible positioning and we’d have been better off playing King. Kiefer Moore worked his socks off and came close a few times, creditable performance. England were far superior of course as expected, Foden was very good indeed. Welsh fans were magnificent and England couldn’t create any atmosphere until they were winning , they had to resort to banging a fecking drum. They also behaved like complete pricks afterwards being not at all gracious after the win . No wonder all the fans from other countries I talked to hate the cnuts. 😂😂😂
My gang succeeded in persuading me to make a prat of myself in Arab gear but the locals were fun and I became a photo opp 😫
[/img]
Cracking picture Mike, shame about the result sure you had a great time though UTC

Trigger wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 9:35 am
[/img]
Cracking picture Mike, shame about the result sure you had a great time though UTC
Great experience all round , very hospitable and Doha was a fantastic venue. Great to have so many fans meeting up, something that can’t happen at the next World Cup.

Exile 1976 wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 6:27 am
[/img]

Nice one mate. Looking great. Atmosphere from the Welsh fans sounded great on the box.
The fans were magnificent mate. No atmosphere from the English fans until they were winning and then in any case they had to get them going with a drum. After England team had left the field the Welsh team were still at the Welsh end joining in with the fans who stayed to sing and support the team in defeat. Many English fans most unpleasant outside the stadium singing “ Wales are going home “ and similar. They’re probably then bemused and shocked that none of the other countries like the cnuts.😂
At the risk of taking a leaf out of their book I’m trying to decide who to support against them in the ensuing knockout stages 😉 Met some great fans from around the world, Mexicans and Dutch were great and Argentinians were having a ball, they made for a great party feel to the proceedings.