Re: Bogle is....

UPTHEPORT wrote: November 19th, 2022, 6:29 pm Some of the abuse I heard today about Omar was disgusting

I thought he had a good shift
Really I know it is about opinions - his positional play is weak always hanging back instead of making the runs and as for holding the ball up he has not got a clue. For a big lump he is easily marked by defenders.
Look at his history his is trouble another poor JR legacy get him out of the club GC needs to grow a pair as so far his regime is not exciting we are playing rubbish and he is lucky Colchester and Gillingham are even worse! If he allows Bogal to get away with today I fear the worst- the 10 mins without the t@@@ was the most exciting we looked going forward.

Dave John wrote: November 19th, 2022, 8:05 pm
fontague-smythe wrote: November 19th, 2022, 7:35 pm From what I seen he was taken off because because he wasn't very good. To me he didn't seem very happy about the decision and proceeded to have a bit of a tantrum. The boos were to me fully justified especially when he went all Ronaldo and walked off down the line .What he should do but he wont is follow his partner up front and put in the same effort
Totally agree, Will Evans put a proper shift in.
Agree with that. The sad thing to me is I believe that Bogle actually has more natural talent than Evans. A combination of the two would make a hell of a player.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: November 19th, 2022, 9:12 pm
Dave John wrote: November 19th, 2022, 8:05 pm
fontague-smythe wrote: November 19th, 2022, 7:35 pm From what I seen he was taken off because because he wasn't very good. To me he didn't seem very happy about the decision and proceeded to have a bit of a tantrum. The boos were to me fully justified especially when he went all Ronaldo and walked off down the line .What he should do but he wont is follow his partner up front and put in the same effort
Totally agree, Will Evans put a proper shift in.
Agree with that. The sad thing to me is I believe that Bogle actually has more natural talent than Evans. A combination of the two would make a hell of a player.
Will Evans would be better off with Bogle enhancement genetics? On a professional level...no

Radio Wales actually went further than that. Prior to Omar coming off the commentary team highlighted at least 2 occasions when they heard Coughlan telling Bogle to sort his work rate out. They also noted that this didn't go down well with Bogle, who after the second time was seen shaking his head.
There's little doubt that the incident triggered Bogle to react the way he did when he was brought off less than 10 minutes later. Not justifying or condemning it, just saying how it was portrayed through the commentary.

Bogle is a skillful player but he seems to have little desire to go any faster than a jog most the time and that makes him easy to play against imho. He also seems seems to be as easy to dispossess of the ball as Waite despite possibly being three times the weight of Waite...wet...

I'd be in favour of getting rid of him in January, but only if County could find some club to take him off their hands. And possibly stop picking him once Zanzala is back and near to fit again. He is quite simply a waste of time.

What's Bogle actually good at though?

I'm not with the narrative Bogle is a skillful player.y When CBR last season struggled is some aspects of the game, he was still a useful player. He won a lot of defensive headers when defending the front post, you can't criticise him as he worked part of the team and chipped in with goal contributions.

This cat Bogle thinks he's better than Newport County and I just can't work out why he thinks that. How tf he's played games leagues above us is truly is a mystery to many inc me.

He's a journeyman striker with at least a couple of glaring shortcomings who appears not to be busting a gut. That's who we signed. He's doing exactly what he's always done; exactly what we knew he'd do. Don't give him grief. If you want to complain then why not target whoever signed him?
Last edited by JonD on November 20th, 2022, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

County4Life wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:15 am What's Bogle actually good at though?

I'm not with the narrative Bogle is a skillful player.y When CBR last season struggled is some aspects of the game, he was still a useful player. He won a lot of defensive headers when defending the front post, you can't criticise him as he worked part of the team and chipped in with goal contributions.

This cat Bogle thinks he's better than Newport County and I just can't work out why he thinks that. How tf he's played games leagues above us is truly is a mystery to many inc me.
Whatever anyone thinks of him, the fact is the i top scorer in a team that is scoring too few goals to make us free of relegation worries. He does show glimpses of good dribbling abilities, but doesn't show an appetite or ability for the aerial duals. For what it's worth I think he would be happier and more productive to partner an aerially combative target man. Whether the manager had the ability to conjure the best out of him remains to be seen. Undoubtedly an uphill task, as would getting a better option in the January window be.

JonD wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:32 am He's a journeyman striker with a couple of glaring shortcomings who appears not to be busting a gut. That's who we signed. He's doing exactly what he's always done; exactly what we knew he'd do. Don't give him grief. Give whoever signed him grief.
Well said Jon :bounce: how this current situation seems to be playing out is not suprising given his career trajectory.

I'm happy for Waite & Evans who are doing all they can to establish themselves knowing all JR guys under scrutiny. And scrutiny there is, the loan signings and our big man upfront have been shocking!

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:34 am
County4Life wrote: November 20th, 2022, 9:15 am What's Bogle actually good at though?

Whatever anyone thinks of him, the fact is the i top scorer in a team that is scoring too few goals to make us free of relegation worries. He does show glimpses of good dribbling abilities, but doesn't show an appetite or ability for the aerial duals. For what it's worth I think he would be happier and more productive to partner an aerially combative target man. Whether the manager had the ability to conjure the best out of him remains to be seen. Undoubtedly an uphill task, as would getting a better option in the January window be.
If we agree the Evans Bogle partnership should stop trading and file for liquidation, then we have to take out one...The fans would prefer to give Evans a chance with someone else I would imagine.