Re: Yma o hyd

Torquay Exile wrote: November 20th, 2022, 3:26 pm I believe every welsh school should have the welsh language on their Curriculum.

Why a Welsh language education is about giving your child more choice – not taking it away
All Welsh schools have Welsh on their curriculum from Key stage 2 to Key stage 4. There are five types of schools that are used to manage this. One quarter of those children have their primary teaching in Welsh.

pembsexile wrote: November 20th, 2022, 3:34 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: November 20th, 2022, 3:26 pm I believe every welsh school should have the welsh language on their Curriculum.

Why a Welsh language education is about giving your child more choice – not taking it away
All Welsh schools have Welsh on their curriculum from Key stage 2 to Key stage 4. There are five types of schools that are used to manage this. One quarter of those children have their primary teaching in Welsh.
All ages in full-time education now.

When this thread first started I was of the opinion that it wasn't a particularly good choice at County games, as most of the supporters present wouldn't relate to it. I admit I have been surprised by the positivity towards it's playing. Of course, of lot of that is probably down to Wales' impending appearance at the world cup and Dafydd Iwan's personal appearance at RP, yet nevertheless feel that increasing numbers of supporters relate to the message and essence of the song.
Personally I would not describe it as a protest song, as I have often heard it said, but one of admirable defiance and pride that Wales as a nation still maintains and will always maintain a different culture and mindset in many ways to that of England.