Tesco Clubcard Scheme

Good Evening

I thought I’d check the forum members knowledge on the upcoming change to Tesco clubcard scheme.
I’ve read on a couple of websites that from Monday 14th November redemption with partners at three times the value is to end.
Can anybody confirm this as being correct?
It’s ridiculously short notice, especially if you are saving vouchers up for a bigger purchase. We have a reasonable amount in hand but looks like we have to cash in for deals by Monday to get the best value before they alter it.

Any further information either confirmation or otherwise appreciated!

Phil in Northampton

Re: Tesco Clubcard Scheme

Hi Phil,

Hope you’re well?

I hadn’t heard about this so Googled it, a Money Saving Expert article from August seemed to announce this. It seems you can transfer the clubcard vouchers before Monday in exchange for triple value vouchers which you can then spend at their partners anytime after Monday.

“ Tesco said Clubcard points that are transferred into vouchers to be used at all other partner brands, such as Alton Towers or Zizzi, will remain at three times their value post-14 November.”

Personally I felt that you, being a Northerner, would shop at Morrisons anyhow. 😉

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: November 12th, 2022, 12:14 am Hi Phil,

Hope you’re well?

I hadn’t heard about this so Googled it, a Money Saving Expert article from August seemed to announce this. It seems you can transfer the clubcard vouchers before Monday in exchange for triple value vouchers which you can then spend at their partners anytime after Monday.

“ Tesco said Clubcard points that are transferred into vouchers to be used at all other partner brands, such as Alton Towers or Zizzi, will remain at three times their value post-14 November.”

Personally I felt that you, being a Northerner, would shop at Morrisons anyhow. 😉
Don’t know about Tesco but Morrisons stopped their voucher system ages ago. I asked for some vouchers when I got petrol there a few months ago and was told it had stopped ages ago.

The problem with any store voucher system is that it is not legal tender and you are at the whim of the store as to whether they continue with it or not. Green Shield stamps anyone?

Good Morning

Afraid we are supermarket whores! Whoever sends us the best voucher offer gets the money!
Hardly ever use Sainsburys but they recently sent out £8 off a £40 spend. And then £6 off £40 for the following 4 weeks I think. So we went there and took advantage of that.
We are pretty fortunate to have a big Tesco five minutes walk away, medium size Asda ten minutes walk, Morrisons five minutes drive. Sainsburys is a ten minute drive ( next to Sixfields)
I also am in a Co-op every day with work so always looking out for the offers. I’ve always worked in food retail in one way or another so take a natural interest in the sector.
When I take Mum shopping she sometimes likes to go to Waitrose as she used to work there, but jeez some of their prices are eye watering, but stuff comes a bit fancier!

Phil in Northampton