Re: Women's Rugby League

mad norm wrote: November 10th, 2022, 8:19 pm Just watching the Aus V N Z match
Awesome
Issue is strength in depth - fine for AUS v NZ where RL is well in the top 3 sports and the players are paid - less so for [say] a pacific island nation or Wales women RL - that is an issue in women's rugby union too...very few women's team sports [traditionally male ones at least] are remotely competitive at international level - if only 2 (3 ta stretch) teams can ever win major tournaments and teams get battered (which happens rarely nowadays in men's RL/RU or indeed association football) - I think women's sport would be better channeled in individual sports or female dominated ones like gymnastics and netball which would avoid competition with & unfavorable comparisons to the men's versions.

BUT there is the obsession with every male space/sport/industry being feminized (NOT the other way around - I've yet to see Netball being forced to encourage more men to play or a push for more male primary teachers!) - just seems political to me - notwithstanding that yes *some* women's team sports can occasionally match the men's for intensity if not skill...

Re: Women's Rugby League

mad norm wrote: November 12th, 2022, 11:32 am
excessbee wrote: November 12th, 2022, 10:03 am Good to see England's brand of rugby being found out by a team able to pass and run, something England rarely attempt.
Oh stop being a misery. :grin: What do you expect England to do ? Apologise for the way they play?
:bounce:
I have little doubt England would have won if it wasn't for the early red card, irrespective of the manner in which they or NZ play.