Re: Reducing spending?

It’s definitely trial and error Jim with the air fryer. Got one last week and did five portions of chips for us and the grandkids straight away. They hated them! Said they weren’t done enough. Done some other stuff with them since and it’s improved.

I spend slightly less on booze and petrol but the bloody heating bill is rocketing. It’s gonna be a long winter.

We picked up a Ninja air fryer. We're still getting used to it but it's going pretty well.

Slow cooker gets plenty of use too now though I don't have a big range. Briskets/chillis/curries/pulled pork.
Plus rice puddings occasionally.

Beers - I've taken to buying near/past sell by date beers online. They work out at about £1 a bottle (bottle size up to 500ml).

Petrol - I now just buy 1/2 a tank as previously I was dragging a full tank of fuel around unnecessarily.

The main saving is heating. We've each got a Kuddl.y (basically a humongous fleece-lined hoodie). Our heating hasn't been on this year and long may that continue.

Use the offers like I've used as well ocardo where giving 20 quid of first shop and dilivery free when you spend 60 quid ok they are more expensive but the booze is about the same so use that

Lidl rewards card is fantastic spend 250 there a month get 10 percent off next shop plus they do 2 quid off if you spend 100