Re: Still strange

My theory. Someone knew the car was there, maybe they were even in the car at the time of the crash, but escaped the vehicle, panicked, fled.

Twenty years later they (alone or maybe with the help of others) make a series of phone calls to the police reporting the "ghost" accident. It's not exactly where the original crash took place but it's enough that it leads the police to find the crashed vehicle.

JonD wrote: November 1st, 2022, 7:20 am My theory. Someone knew the car was there, maybe they were even in the car at the time of the crash, but escaped the vehicle, panicked, fled.

Twenty years later they (alone or maybe with the help of others) make a series of phone calls to the police reporting the "ghost" accident. It's not exactly where the original crash took place but it's enough that it leads the police to find the crashed vehicle.
I'm afraid you've misread the story. The entire incident crash, 'phone calls et al, happened 20 years ago. Even back then all 'phone calls could be traced. I think therefore your theory is flawed.
My analysis would be that a second car left the road and was witnessed by a number of people. If the car was still viable and if the driver had had a small drop too much, I think that the likely explanation is that the driver and car exited the scene PDQ.

JonD wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 7:20 am Ah right. My bad.

However replace "20 years" with "5 months". My theory still stands.
I see your point. However as phone calls can be traced, and could be then, I think it likely if you were correct I think that the police might have clocked on.

One thing we can agree on is that it probably wasn't a ghost car that crashed on the second occasion.

Or do we...........👻☠️☠️👻