Latest jabs

Been knocked for six went for flu jab Thursday they also gave me my covid booster same time 😭

I'd never have two at the same time again completely wiped me out been in bed shivering for most of yesterday just up for work now still not feeling right

My advice have one at a time 👍

Re: Latest jabs

UPTHEPORT wrote: October 15th, 2022, 4:56 am Been knocked for six went for flu jab Thursday they also gave me my covid booster same time 😭

I'd never have two at the same time again completely wiped me out been in bed shivering for most of yesterday just up for work now still not feeling right

Presumably it's different for NHS employees, but it seems to me that most won't be offered both at the same time. Flu jabs being given by GPs and covid at vaccination centres.

UPTHEPORT wrote: October 15th, 2022, 4:56 am Been knocked for six went for flu jab Thursday they also gave me my covid booster same time 😭

Agree Jim. I’ve had a thickly cough for three weeks. I told them about it when I had my Covid booster on Thursday. Been feeling shit ever since. I will be leaving my winter flu jab for several weeks.

Which type of Covid vaccine did you have?

I’d also heard of a few people who had the winter Covid vaccine at the same time as their flu jab and were knocked for six.

I had my latest Covid booster a week ago (Pfizer, it protects against both the Alpha and Omicron variants). I got a heavy cold a few days after (may have been a coincidence). Chose not to get the flu jab just yet and will wait a month for that.

Wishing you all well.

CathedralCounty wrote: October 21st, 2022, 10:39 am I'm NOT over 50 but want a booster does anyone know how I might get one? happy to pay if required...the NHS Wales website is useless.
I’m in the same position except I do a little bit of volunteering running errands for and sitting with elderly people, so I booked mine online and ticked the box which asked ‘do you work with vulnerable people’ and got an appointment straight away. I guess if you visit or work with anyone who is elderly/vulnerable you could do the same?

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: October 21st, 2022, 2:22 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: October 21st, 2022, 10:39 am I'm NOT over 50 but want a booster does anyone know how I might get one? happy to pay if required...the NHS Wales website is useless.
I’m in the same position except I do a little bit of volunteering running errands for and sitting with elderly people, so I booked mine online and ticked the box which asked ‘do you work with vulnerable people’ and got an appointment straight away. I guess if you visit or work with anyone who is elderly/vulnerable you could do the same?
Great thanks - I do visit and spend a lot of time with my elderly (sorry mum!) mother and my wife works in the NHS, question were you grilled on it at the appointment or wasn't it mentioned? and could you PM me the booking link please?

CathedralCounty wrote: October 21st, 2022, 3:10 pm
Great thanks - I do visit and spend a lot of time with my elderly (sorry mum!) mother and my wife works in the NHS, question were you grilled on it at the appointment or wasn't it mentioned? and could you PM me the booking link please?
Done ✅

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: October 21st, 2022, 5:10 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: October 21st, 2022, 3:10 pm
Done ✅
Cheers