Re: Tories in the mire

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: October 19th, 2022, 5:28 pm And so it continues.

I’ve just had a call from HMG asking if I’d take up the position of Home Secretary. Apparently I wasn’t their first choice - they did approach Stan’s pet cat but he was too busy licking his own a$$ to take the call.
Simply not the case. My cat is a hard line shinner. Really hates the Brits and would do anything to f@ck the UK up. But as he says even doing his best to destroy Britain, he couldn't make as good a job at it as any Tory MP. :grin:

pembsexile wrote: October 19th, 2022, 10:12 pm Well, after tonight’s news it appears that not only are the Tories in the mire but they are falling apart in it as well. The saddest part is that we (Parliamentary Democracy) are seen as a bloody laughing stock. Go, woman, just go and take your cronies/lackies with you.
Totally agree Mike. The awful thing is that whilst on one level I suppose I could have a good laugh, and the UK is a laughing stock, I can't. When you see old people freezing and scared to put on the heat, mothers who go without food so the kids can eat and then cry because they can't give their children a treat, it just becomes a horror show.

Well she has gone? Who next? Stan - are you certain your pet cat wouldn’t put themself forward for the job?

So, after effectively proving the Tory members (who voted her in) don’t know what they are doing, the only transparent and fair process is to call a GE but they won’t do that as they’d lose handsomely.

Therefore I predict another secretive internal campaign, full of funny handshakes and back-stabbing, which would result in one of the following installed as PM -

Sunak
BoJo
Mordant
Ben Wallace
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on October 20th, 2022, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:04 pm Well she has gone? Who next? Stan - are you certain your pet cat wouldn’t put them self forward for the job?

So, after effectively proving the Tory members (who voted her in) don’t know what they are doing, the only transparent and fair process is to call a GE but they won’t do that as they’d lose handsomely.

Therefore I predict another secretive internal campaign, full of funny handshakes and back-stabbing, which would result in one of the following installed as PM -

Sunak
BoJo
Mordant
Ben Wallace
If I had to bet: Mordant.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:04 pm Well she has gone? Who next? Stan - are you certain your pet cat wouldn’t put them self forward for the job?

Sunak
BoJo
Mordant
Ben Wallace
They don't want a general election and they don't want the vote to go to party members again.
They will rig it so that Johnson is back in.

Bangitintrnet wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:32 pm

Sunak
BoJo
Mordant
Ben Wallace
They don't want a general election and they don't want the vote to go to party members again.
They will rig it so that Johnson is back in.
I'm that confidant I just put tenner on 12/1 if I win I'll give it to the labour party towards next election costs