Re: Uk music charts

UPTHEPORT wrote: September 27th, 2022, 6:41 pm Just heard on radio they are 70 years old this week 🙂

What was number 1 the day you where born ?

Somebody help me Spencer Davis group was mine

And without cheating can you name the act that has had most top ten hits without a number one 😅
Ah! Spencer Davis. Swansea born and raised. Died nearly 2 years ago.
Mine was Hey Joe by Frankie Laine. Just creep into the under 70 years time frame.

To answer your quiz question, I would guess Iron Maiden. Metal fans used to buy enough 7” singles to catapult the latest track into the top ten, and it would then plummet down the charts as the general public thought they had better taste.

This website https://playback.fm/birthday-song-uk will tell you what was number one on the day you were born, the day you started work (a black day for me) or the day you got married (an even darker day).

Lily the Pink was number one when I entered the world.

Gerry and The Pacemakers. Can't remember the song though it made no mention of ferries.

I hadn't realised until just now that pacemakers were invented back in the fifties.

Wikipedia:
On 15 March 2017, Gerry Marsden collapsed onstage due to a sore knee while performing at a concert in Newport, Wales.