Games lost: 4

02 Nov 2019 Newport County v Salford City L 1-2 League Two
19 Feb 2020 Newport County v Salford City L 0-0 Football League Trophy
28 Nov 2020 Newport County v Salford City W 3-0 FA Cup
15 Dec 2020 Salford City v Newport County D 1-1 League Two
16 Jan 2021 Newport County v Salford City D 0-0 League Two
28 Aug 2021 Salford City v Newport County L 3-0 League Two
08 Jan 2022 Newport County v Salford City L 0-2 League Two

Re: Grandstand = Newport County v Salford City (Home)

Good Evening

Tonight will be my first opportunity to watch our new team ( assuming on I-follow, haven’t checked yet).
After a sticky start I feel we can upset the form book. County always do the opposite of the expected.. I think an early goal to settle the nerves, another just before half time and then second half two more as Salford chase the game. Yes.. that’s it… 4-0 County… I think I’ll put a pound on that!

Phil in Northampton

The clubs have met on seven occasions previously.

2019 / 2020:
Newport County 1-2 Salford City.
A first ever meeting between the clubs in what was Salfords debut season as an EFL club. Cameron Burgess scored from a corner for The Ammies about five minutes before the break. County were level during injury time after Nathan Pond netted an OG. Lois Maynard regained the Ammies lead in the fifty fourth minute. Salford goalkeeper Mark Howard saved a penalty from Tristan Abraham's with around ten minutes remaining.

Leasing Trophy Semi Final.
Newport County 0-0 Salford City.
Salford won 6-5 via penalty shootout.
Abraham's and Innis failed to convert their kicks.

2020 / 2021:
FA Cup R2.
Newport County 3-0 Salford City.
After a goalless first half in which Mickey Demetriou failed to convert a penalty, Salford's Brandon Thomas-Asante was sent off within two minutes of the second half for a dangerous tackle on goalkeeper Tom King. It was all one way from then on with a first goal for the club from Jamie Proctor followed by a penalty from Padraig Amond and Saikou Janneh completed the scoring during injury time.

Salford City 1-1 Newport County:
Salford missed a penalty which would have given them a 2-0 lead. County levelled with a disputed penalty in added time at the end of the game, converted by Josh Sheehan.

Newport County.0-0 Salford City

2021 / 2022:
Salford City 3-0 Newport County:
Salford were three up at the break.

Newport County 0-2 Salford City.
Azaz og and Thomas-Asante

Managers:
Salford City - Neil Wood
Newport County - James Roweberry

Excluding the 3-0 FA Cup victory which came after Salford had a player sent off ai 0-0, County have scored only once from open play in the other six matches with their only other goal being a penalty.

Absolutely terrible first half. Not able to string 3 passes together. Bennett and Adam Lewis totally off the pace and being played around. Bowen not even in it. Waite not able to get on the ball.

Rowberry needs to change it but to what? Bring on Dolan to move Norman back to right wing back and aaron swap to left maybe? See what Moriah-Welsh has got?
Last edited by Ugo. on August 16th, 2022, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.