Re: Could be worse

Yes a loss, two injuries ( at least ) and a red card proves the old proverb. Just because all your cattle have died and your wife has run off with your best friend, it doesn’t mean your house can’t burn down!
I’d say the County are at about the smouldering stage. 😂

G Guest wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:28 am Rowberry is not looking lucky. Reminds me of Feeney for whom nothing went right.
I like Rowberry. I like that he likes to play football. I like that he smiles, football should be about having fun. I like thst he undoubtedly cares about his home town club.

Being a coach involves improving individuals. Being a manager involves seeing the big picture. Your best 11 players are seldom your best team. I would love to keep Rowberry as a coach, I am beginning to think he is not going to make it as a manager.

We’ve played clubs, so far, that are expected to do well this season. Salford fall into the same category so we’re having the tough start that was predicted. As is often stated, it’ll take up to 10 games to understand how good or bad we are. It’ll be interesting to see how we perform against clubs predicted to be weaker performers. Clubs like Barrow……in 6th place.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:54 am We’ve played clubs, so far, that are expected to do well this season. Salford fall into the same category so we’re having the tough start that was predicted. As is often stated, it’ll take up to 10 games to understand how good or bad we are. It’ll be interesting to see how we perform against clubs predicted to be weaker performers. Clubs like Barrow……in 6th place.
😳😳😳😂 yes I get your point and I agree it’s a tough few games to judge Rowberry and his team on. But to put it in context, when Hatswell was here we were winning. Soon after he left we suddenly lost RP as a fortress and our awful slide began and then continued with JR failing to get a reaction out of his players with the prize within their grasp. That was worrying enough but now he has his own team with so far no sign of an improvement in form. I know it’s a tough start but those are the teams in the league in which we play, none of them are pushovers and you have to ask the question. How long does he get? He’s already on the worst sequence of home losses since Bobby Ferguson and if things don’t change could well emulate him. I sincerely hope not, I think he’s a pleasant enough young man who loves the club and coaches good football : both are laudable attributes but is he a manager? How long should we take to decide? Ten, fifteen games? When is too late? What target should be set?

lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 4:52 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:54 am We’ve played clubs, so far, that are expected to do well this season. Salford fall into the same category so we’re having the tough start that was predicted. As is often stated, it’ll take up to 10 games to understand how good or bad we are. It’ll be interesting to see how we perform against clubs predicted to be weaker performers. Clubs like Barrow……in 6th place.
😳😳😳😂 yes I get your point and I agree it’s a tough few games to judge Rowberry and his team on. But to put it in context, when Hatswell was here we were winning. Soon after he left we suddenly lost RP as a fortress and our awful slide began and then continued with JR failing to get a reaction out of his players with the prize within their grasp. That was worrying enough but now he has his own team with so far no sign of an improvement in form. I know it’s a tough start but those are the teams in the league in which we play, none of them are pushovers and you have to ask the question. How long does he get? He’s already on the worst sequence of home losses since Bobby Ferguson and if things don’t change could well emulate him. I sincerely hope not, I think he’s a pleasant enough young man who loves the club and coaches good football : both are laudable attributes but is he a manager? How long should we take to decide? Ten, fifteen games? When is too late? What target should be set?
I wasn’t that hopeful for this season so I’ve not been surprised at how we’ve done so far but we do need a win in the league to take some pressure off JR. Looking at the fixtures, Harrogate and Grimsby look the most promising games to pick up points but they are a couple of weeks away. I hope something clicks soon.

I think that we have been the better team in 3 of the first 4 games but this has not translated into points and wins. I do take some reassurance from that.
It was a below par performance at Bradford.
Tuesday game is obviously important and we do need to start scoring some league goals. I do not want to hear the "we have injuries" excuse wheeled out either.
On to Tuesday.....

In one of our better/best seasons in League 2 we got hammered by Yeovil early in the season - if I remember rightly we got into the play offs and Yeovil got relegated - FAR too early to draw meaningful conclusions on ‘County – we’ve lost to two of the ‘bigger’ and ‘fancied’ teams one of the games being away at a ‘hostile’ ground on a scorching day playing much of the game with 10 men – I was disappointed with the loss to Walsall at home as felt we could/should have at least drawn BUT we have plenty of time and plenty of games left

CathedralCounty wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:15 pm In one of our better/best seasons in League 2 we got hammered by Yeovil early in the season - if I remember rightly we got into the play offs and Yeovil got relegated - FAR too early to draw meaningful conclusions on ‘County – we’ve lost to two of the ‘bigger’ and ‘fancied’ teams one of the games being away at a ‘hostile’ ground on a scorching day playing much of the game with 10 men – I was disappointed with the loss to Walsall at home as felt we could/should have at least drawn BUT we have plenty of time and plenty of games left
You’re quite right of course and I realise that my feelings have little to do with logic 😂. But gut feelings have a worrying habit of often being right. I honestly and sincerely hope not because Rowberry seems to be a pleasant fellow and his love of the club is very apparent. I just hope we don’t end up like a scene in a movie I only vaguely remember where the hapless victim lying in a pool of blood is told by another character “ you were just unlucky “.