Re: The lease

pembsexile wrote: August 15th, 2022, 1:02 pm
lowandhard wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:17 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:04 pm Newport County Council appear to be doing alright financially.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... -reserves/
Perhaps they could do worse than investing in a multi-use venue at RP as a joint enterprise with the other interested parties. It’s close to the centre and would make an ideal venue for concerts as well as sports. It would add another string to the City’s bow and tie in with the restaurant quarter and recently improved hotel accommodation.
Sensible suggestion mate. With an £18.4 million underspend for the previous year that puts them in a relatively healthy situation even after putting some of the money away for a rainy day. I wonder how that compares to other UK or even Welsh Councils of a similar slant?
https://gov.wales/local-authority-reserves-2020-2021

The amount of already allocated reserves is very high at 102 million with unallocated reserves at 6.5 million to cover emergencies such as flooding.

The problem is that Council's cannot borrow money in the same way as any other business of the same size. Therefore even if the initial investment gets past the various votes, future necessary spending on pitch or electronic advertising will be like driving into a cul de sak.

That's why I don't want the Council anywhere near ownership, as the recent great progress in this area will very likely stall. I have no such issue with the WRU who have been shown to be very capable, and obviously David Buttress who has led that investment.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:17 pm

..........or anyone who points out that you are a complete failure who has scrounged off every tax payer all your life?

Why don't you tell us again how the gravey train run out, so you had to you get married and live in Eire, forgot to mention love didn't you, I think we all know why don't we.

Banginternet says I made up that he said I was a scrounger and that I couldn't get work and married not for love and had to move to Ireland to continue to scrounge.

Read what he said and decide for yourselves.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 16th, 2022, 3:08 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:17 pm

..........or anyone who points out that you are a complete failure who has scrounged off every tax payer all your life?

Why don't you tell us again how the gravey train run out, so you had to you get married and live in Eire, forgot to mention love didn't you, I think we all know why don't we.

Banginternet says I made up that he said I was a scrounger and that I couldn't get work and married not for love and had to move to Ireland to continue to scrounge.

Read what he said and decide for yourselves.

Again what I said is nothing like what you have posted. I commented on a post that you made in response to someone who asked why you moved from London to Ireland, where you mentioned why you needed to move, and your wife.

The lies keep stacking up Stan.

Exile 1976 wrote: August 16th, 2022, 3:18 pm Brendan, I think it’s obvious to the vast majority on here that Banginternet is talking nonsense.
Of course you absolutely right. And there is a very strong case to be made that I should ignore him/them. The arguments that follow must be so boring for everyone, they certainly bore the arse off me.

My problem is that too often others believe that I have said things I didn't simply because someone said I did. It really is a shame. This board should be about having fun. We are all passionate about Newport County and on occasions most of us get carried away with a bit of hyperbole because of that passion. I think most of us can cope with though.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 16th, 2022, 4:27 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: August 16th, 2022, 3:18 pm Brendan, I think it’s obvious to the vast majority on here that Banginternet is talking nonsense.
Of course you absolutely right. And there is a very strong case to be made that I should ignore him/them. The arguments that follow must be so boring for everyone, they certainly bore the arse off me.

My problem is that too often others believe that I have said things I didn't simply because someone said I did. It really is a shame. This board should be about having fun. We are all passionate about Newport County and on occasions most of us get carried away with a bit of hyperbole because of that passion. I think most of us can cope with though.

The thing is it is you people like GSB and Banginternet have a problem with. Doesn’t matter what you say they always ‘play the man’ not ‘the ball.

George Street-Bridge wrote: August 17th, 2022, 6:28 am Utter, utter nonsense.

if you want to see what any poster brings to the table here, just click on "search user's posts" under their profile.
George,

You have called me a creep and a stalker. In fairness I don't care or have any complaint about that.

However notwithstanding that you are not qualified professionally to do so and have never met me, you have speculated about my mental health. Now I don't care for myself but you have to realize that many young men read this board. When you stigmatize mental health you add to the anguish that those who suffer, as a young man did I , from depression. Perhaps you are unaware of this but suicide is the biggest killer of men in their late teens and twenties.

Do you not understand that not only do you post on here but you contribute to the Newport County programme. Your cavalier attitude to mental health is dangerous.

I don't think that you are a bad person but I do think you need to question yourself a bit more. Simply writing 'utter utter nonsense' won't do.

I wouldn't be worrying about the lease guys based on current form we will be relegated, out of the league, lower crowds, lack of interest, won't be able to pay our way at RP, doom and gloom, plague of locus, the end is neigh.
The Sword of Damocles is hanging over us.

Fu Ming wrote: August 17th, 2022, 9:26 am I wouldn't be worrying about the lease guys based on current form we will be relegated, out of the league, lower crowds, lack of interest, won't be able to pay our way at RP, doom and gloom, plague of locus, the end is neigh.
The Sword of Damocles is hanging over us.
Agree, the very, very least of our problems, which latter I might add, are considerable

whoareya wrote: August 14th, 2022, 7:44 pm People might have the wrong end of the stick here, it might not be a dig at public sector / civil servants, but possibly those in the legal sector who take/took work via the legal aid route, to represent no hope sham-marriage type cases?
Stockholm syndrome init?

Not at all, just good old fashioned hypocrisy. 🤣

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 19th, 2022, 12:21 pm
whoareya wrote: August 14th, 2022, 7:44 pm People might have the wrong end of the stick here, it might not be a dig at public sector / civil servants, but possibly those in the legal sector who take/took work via the legal aid route, to represent no hope sham-marriage type cases?
Stockholm syndrome init?

Not at all, just good old fashioned hypocrisy. 🤣
Playing cross-threads smarty pants are we?

For my post on the Million Dollar Harps thread to be hypocritical I would have needed to have either criticised others for doing something I do myself, or stated that I don't do something that I clearly do.

I did neither.

So wind your pompous neck in and try to enjoy your Friday afternoon, even if that means trawling through historical posts to satisfy your incessant need to massage your ego.....