Re: The lease

lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 9:50 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 9:10 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:43 pm
lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:28 pm Well at least this thread has been illuminating in that I’m now more aware of the terrible divisions in our society. Public servants are no longer regarded as such apparently but as scroungers. I now understand why immoral ne’erdowells and charlatans like Trump and Johnson are so popular. We are a deeply flawed species indeed.
I agree Mike, although it didn't end well for Trump and mini-me Johnson. Which gives us hope. As for Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber I think I must have prosecuted them at some stage. :grin:
Prosecuted ha ha ha

The entitlement of the feckless knows no limits does it.

Many if not all on this forum would have sat on a jury's that prosecuted Rapists, Murderers, Paedophiles. Not issued parking fines.
Bitter much? What are you a failure at?
When are you going to ask your son to pay for the ground that you see as vital ownership matter, instead of pretending that the Council can provide suitable investment?
Failures always rely on others to pay.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:51 pm
lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:28 pm Well at least this thread has been illuminating in that I’m now more aware of the terrible divisions in our society. Public servants are no longer regarded as such apparently but as scroungers. I now understand why immoral ne’erdowells and charlatans like Trump and Johnson are so popular. We are a deeply flawed species indeed.
I agree Mike, although it didn't end well for Trump and mini-me Johnson. Which gives us hope. As for Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber I think I must have prosecuted them at some stage. :grin:
Prosecuted ha ha ha

Many if not all on this forum would have sat on a jury's that prosecuted Rapists, Murderers, Paedophiles. Not issued parking fines.
When are you going to ask your son to pay for the ground that you see as vital ownership matter, instead of pretending that the Council can provide suitable investment?
As you ought to have worked out by now, my son as are his brothers some of the great success stories in life and have no need to recruit others to pay for anything and for that I am eternally grateful. My eldest is another “ scrounger “ by your standards, he’s a chest consultant who worked on Covid wards during the pandemic and has now been promoted to a medical director . My youngest teaches and has continued to do so despite the dangerous environment in schools engendered by this incompetent Conservative government. As may be just about dawning on your apparently limited capacity, I’m extremely proud of my “ scroungers “ . This country could do with a few more of them. As for exhorting my son to buy RP, if he thinks it’s worthwhile for him, who knows?

lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 11:13 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:51 pm
Prosecuted ha ha ha

As you ought to have worked out by now, my son as are his brothers some of the great success stories in life and have no need to recruit others to pay for anything and for that I am eternally grateful. My eldest is another “ scrounger “ by your standards, he’s a chest consultant who worked on Covid wards during the pandemic and has now been promoted to a medical director . My youngest teaches and has continued to do so despite the dangerous environment in schools engendered by this incompetent Conservative government. As may be just about dawning on your apparently limited capacity, I’m extremely proud of my “ scroungers “ . This country could do with a few more of them. As for exhorting my son to buy RP, if he thinks it’s worthwhile for him, who knows?
Well why endorse Stans open letter then, requesting that a Council in another Country pay for something that they have no need to?
What services are you proposing that the Council stop providing - that they have a statutory obligation too provide - in order to purchase something that we don't need to purchase, because you have admitted that your son could.

The arrogance is just staggering.

Highandwide is rightly proud of his children. And I am sure he would be if they swept the streets. Notwithstanding the vile and increasingly desperate posts of Banginternet and his obession with me or anyone who has the temerity to hold a view agreeing with mine, I don't normally pass comment on the insults thrown. Highandwide and Taunton can take care of themselves.
However nobody should have to defend their families. Bangitinthenet hides away, spouting nonsense and insult and makes only himself or probably themselves look stupid. When though parents are forced to defend their children it becomes hideous.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 15th, 2022, 7:51 am Highandwide is rightly proud of his children. And I am sure he would be if they swept the streets. Notwithstanding the vile and increasingly desperate posts of Banginternet and his obession with me or anyone who has the temerity to hold a view agreeing with mine, I don't normally pass comment on the insults thrown. Highandwide and Taunton can take care of themselves.
However nobody should have to defend their families. Bangitinthenet hides away, spouting nonsense and insult and makes only himself or probably themselves look stupid. When though parents are forced to defend their children it becomes hideous.
This is a football forum, don't mention your private life on here if you don't want people commenting, it is that simple. I have commented on your and his liking for spending other people's money.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 15th, 2022, 8:07 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 15th, 2022, 7:51 am Highandwide is rightly proud of his children. And I am sure he would be if they swept the streets. Notwithstanding the vile and increasingly desperate posts of Banginternet and his obession with me or anyone who has the temerity to hold a view agreeing with mine, I don't normally pass comment on the insults thrown. Highandwide and Taunton can take care of themselves.
This is a football forum, don't mention your private life on here if you don't want people commenting, it is that simple. I have commented on your and his liking for spending other people's money.

You are a complete ****.

£15fornonleague?! wrote: August 15th, 2022, 9:09 am

You are a complete ****.
So which Council budget are you going to axe then to pay for RP, Education? It's something that you didn't use much anyway.

You’re quite right Stan , I always told my children to pursue whatever they wanted to do. As you say always going to love them and be proud of them whatever they did to make their lives just like any other father on this message board. I should have known better than to rise to the bait and I’ll ignore toxic individuals in the future, I only mentioned my son in relation to the lease in reply to indicate that he’s his own man, he’ll do what he wants to do and not what I tell him - which is as it should be . All the best, Mike

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 15th, 2022, 9:40 am

You are a complete ****.
So which Council budget are you going to axe then to pay for RP, Education? It's something that you didn't use much anyway.
Don't be silly now. They won't have to axe any services.
Oh I don't know about that, my Newport education managed to get me into Cambridge University.

Exile 1976 wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:04 pm Newport County Council appear to be doing alright financially.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... -reserves/
Perhaps they could do worse than investing in a multi-use venue at RP as a joint enterprise with the other interested parties. It’s close to the centre and would make an ideal venue for concerts as well as sports. It would add another string to the City’s bow and tie in with the restaurant quarter and recently improved hotel accommodation.

lowandhard wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:17 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:04 pm Newport County Council appear to be doing alright financially.

Perhaps they could do worse than investing in a multi-use venue at RP as a joint enterprise with the other interested parties. It’s close to the centre and would make an ideal venue for concerts as well as sports. It would add another string to the City’s bow and tie in with the restaurant quarter and recently improved hotel accommodation.

Agreed.

£15fornonleague?! wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:08 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 15th, 2022, 9:40 am

You are a complete ****.
Don't be silly now. They won't have to axe any services.
Oh I don't know about that, my Newport education managed to get me into Cambridge University.
My Newport education got me into Oxford University. In this case though it was only to witness the graduation of a friend who was more dedicated and intelligent than I.

lowandhard wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:17 pm

Sensible suggestion mate. With an £18.4 million underspend for the previous year that puts them in a relatively healthy situation even after putting some of the money away for a rainy day. I wonder how that compares to other UK or even Welsh Councils of a similar slant?