Re: The lease

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 3:17 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 14th, 2022, 2:53 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 10:04 am

In order to pretend that we now have security? It simply doesn't, but what it does do is make it extremely unlikely that club has flexibility to withstand several demotions.

We don't have a ground. But we do have the flexibility to withstand several demotions. So long as Albion Rovers agree Kimberley Park, Malpas Rd, Crindau, here we come.

Banginternet ogs again. :shock:
Just because you can't stand Cardiff, the Rugby, or anyone who points out that you are a complete failure who has scrounged off every tax payer all your life?

Why don't you tell us again how the gravey train run out, so you had to you get married and live in Eire, forgot to mention love didn't you, I think we all know why don't we.

Or you could try explaining why you can't wait to spend Newport Councils money for them.

It all amounts to the same thing.
I know nothing of Stans relationships or circumstances but if as it seems you are referring to the fact that he practiced law and got married then how is that scrounging? I did the same but different profession. Are we all scroungers?
That is a disgraceful slur and if you had any decency, you would apologise.

lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 5:02 pm

In order to pretend that we now have security? It simply doesn't, but what it does do is make it extremely unlikely that club has flexibility to withstand several demotions.

We don't have a ground. But we do have the flexibility to withstand several demotions. So long as Albion Rovers agree Kimberley Park, Malpas Rd, Crindau, here we come.

Just because you can't stand Cardiff, the Rugby, or anyone who points out that you are a complete failure who has scrounged off every tax payer all your life?

Why don't you tell us again how the gravey train run out, so you had to you get married and live in Eire, forgot to mention love didn't you, I think we all know why don't we.

Or you could try explaining why you can't wait to spend Newport Councils money for them.

I know nothing of Stans relationships or circumstances but if as it seems you are referring to the fact that he practiced law and got married then how is that scrounging? I did the same but different profession. Are we all scroungers?
Having a policy of high Employment brings problems. In effect if you have attained the correct qualifications you will be in a job, whether you are suitable or not.

That is no longer the case, and the role that Stan had is no longer available. Make your own mind up as to why someone would stay in the public sector rather than private, if as he said many times, he didn't earn as much as everyone would think.

He posted that once the money was not there, he chose to retire and get married.
If he doesn't want comments, don't make the posts, is my advice to you and to him.

People who have benefitted from a policy that in effect helped those who wouldn't normally be employed shouldn't rub it in the faces of the young who are paying for them.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 6:34 pm

Having a policy of high Employment brings problems. In effect if you have attained the correct qualifications you will be in a job, whether you are suitable or not.

That is no longer the case, and the role that Stan had is no longer available. Make your own mind up as to why someone would stay in the public sector rather than private, if as he said many times, he didn't earn as much as everyone would think.

He posted that once the money was not there, he chose to retire and get married.
If he doesn't want comments, don't make the posts, is my advice to you and to him.

People who have benefitted from a policy that in effect helped those who wouldn't normally be employed shouldn't rub it in the faces of the young who are paying for them.
You paid absolutely nothing to me and I’ve worked since school age in various jobs until I qualified as a pharmacist. I worked both in private pharmacy and eventually for the NHS where I earned less than I could have for a private company because that was my vocation, I didn’t want to waste my skills selling things otc but rather work in a hospital setting. I sacrificed salary for it and I don’t regret it. I have never scrounged a penny in my life and I deeply resent your implication that working in the public sector is somehow robbing a living. I hope you seldom need the help of my fellow scroungers who will nevertheless treat odious people like you the same as everybody else.

People might have the wrong end of the stick here, it might not be a dig at public sector / civil servants, but possibly those in the legal sector who take/took work via the legal aid route, to represent no hope sham-marriage type cases?

lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 7:11 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 6:34 pm

You paid absolutely nothing to me and I’ve worked since school age in various jobs until I qualified as a pharmacist. I worked both in private pharmacy and eventually for the NHS where I earned less than I could have for a private company because that was my vocation, I didn’t want to waste my skills selling things otc but rather work in a hospital setting. I sacrificed salary for it and I don’t regret it. I have never scrounged a penny in my life and I deeply resent your implication that working in the public sector is somehow robbing a living. I hope you seldom need the help of my fellow scroungers who will nevertheless treat odious people like you the same as everybody else.
In Stans case it is one failure arguing with another failure for the benefit of nobody. That's why his so called job has gone. You can tell by the lack of discussion that he produces, simply ignore, divert, attack. Nothing at all to back up his comments, that he was unable to demand a decent fee. Its simple, you don't spend weeks on here talking about the Stanisfesto if you are under the cosh in work as everyone else was.
The fact that you can't see that, puts you in the same "I've qualified so I am entitled" group.
Sorry if that offends, but I really really think people should think before opening their mouths. You were the lucky generation (me to) who were in a position to take advantage, and boy did some take advantage.
I worked in both sectors, and while people worked hard, the jobs were actually a joke. People at a senior level checking every letter that was sent out, changing the odd sentence to justify their existence, and the letter went to the back of the queue in the typing pool. **** the person waiting for a response.
That's how it was, and I am glad that it has changed, but it was a system that allowed too many to take the piss, as the government paid anyway.
If you talk to anyone in the legal trade they laugh at people like Stan, and with good reason. High on entitlement low on producing anything of value to the real world. Parasites.

whoareya wrote: August 14th, 2022, 7:44 pm People might have the wrong end of the stick here, it might not be a dig at public sector / civil servants, but possibly those in the legal sector who take/took work via the legal aid route, to represent no hope sham-marriage type cases?
Absolutely, although it doesn't matter what the case involves if you have two people who are paid anyway arguing in court it is expensive. If you end up with two entitled people arguing in Court in the same way he does on here, you can see why the job disappeared.

Well at least this thread has been illuminating in that I’m now more aware of the terrible divisions in our society. Public servants are no longer regarded as such apparently but as scroungers. I now understand why immoral ne’erdowells and charlatans like Trump and Johnson are so popular. We are a deeply flawed species indeed.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:08 pm
whoareya wrote: August 14th, 2022, 7:44 pm People might have the wrong end of the stick here, it might not be a dig at public sector / civil servants, but possibly those in the legal sector who take/took work via the legal aid route, to represent no hope sham-marriage type cases?
Absolutely, although it doesn't matter what the case involves if you have two people who are paid anyway arguing in court it is expensive. If you end up with two entitled people arguing in Court in the same way he does on here, you can see why the job disappeared.
Sadly this post like others before it has gone off topic and become a personal spat.
My question is whatever your views on the current situation and whatever you think is the right path forward do you not think the board should issue a statement to supporters/trust members/shareholders what is happening in relation to the lease given we are in our last season of such an agreement? That is the view I would like to hear from posters to express their opinion on. Perhaps it is just me who believes that the board are neglecting their responsibility by not issuing a statement on the matter?
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on August 14th, 2022, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:28 pm Well at least this thread has been illuminating in that I’m now more aware of the terrible divisions in our society. Public servants are no longer regarded as such apparently but as scroungers. I now understand why immoral ne’erdowells and charlatans like Trump and Johnson are so popular. We are a deeply flawed species indeed.
You have decided that you are entitled to spend the Councils money, that makes you part of the entitled generation. I. E. Those that are used to a free university education, and likewise believe that you are entitled to things that the current generation simply aren't.
Stans open letter that you endorced is just one example.

lowandhard wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:28 pm Well at least this thread has been illuminating in that I’m now more aware of the terrible divisions in our society. Public servants are no longer regarded as such apparently but as scroungers. I now understand why immoral ne’erdowells and charlatans like Trump and Johnson are so popular. We are a deeply flawed species indeed.
I agree Mike, although it didn't end well for Trump and mini-me Johnson. Which gives us hope. As for Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber I think I must have prosecuted them at some stage. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:43 pm
I agree Mike, although it didn't end well for Trump and mini-me Johnson. Which gives us hope. As for Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber I think I must have prosecuted them at some stage. :grin:
Prosecuted ha ha ha

The entitlement of the feckless knows no limits does it.

Many if not all on this forum would have sat on a jury's that prosecuted Rapists, Murderers, Paedophiles. Not issued parking fines.

Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 9:10 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:43 pm
Prosecuted ha ha ha

The entitlement of the feckless knows no limits does it.

Many if not all on this forum would have sat on a jury's that prosecuted Rapists, Murderers, Paedophiles. Not issued parking fines.
Bitter much? What are you a failure at?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:40 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: August 14th, 2022, 8:08 pm
Sadly this post like others before it has gowe are in our final season of ne off topic and become a personal spat.
My question is whatever your views on the current situation and whatever you think is the right path forward do you not think the board should issue a statement to supporters/trust members/shareholders what is happening in relation to the lease given we are in our last season of such an agreement? That is the view I would like to hear from posters to express their opinion on. Perhaps it is just me who believes that the board are neglecting their responsibility by not issuing a statement on the matter?
That sounds reasonable. Don’t hold your breath though. Communication, communication, communication.