Re: Will Evans Rumoured signing

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: May 28th, 2022, 8:38 am
County19081967 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 8:09 pm The beauty of this game is the sheer unknown. Punts on Conor Washington and Christian Jolley were relatively successful while the goal scoring phenomenon that was Tom Meecham when he played for us couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo! Having said that, I do have a good feeling about Will Evans.
It’s coming up for 10 years since we signed Conor Washington so it’s time to discover another gem recruited from non-league football. Hopefully, Will Evans is our man.

However, I would argue that we didn’t take a punt on Christian Jolley. He had been promoted to the football league with AFC Wimbledon prior to joining us and, if I recall correctly, was their player of the season in their promotion season.
Christian Jolly was as you say an established and very good player at Conference level. One of the 'snooket' signings of Justin Edinburgh.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2022, 9:21 am
County19081967 wrote: May 27th, 2022, 8:09 pm The beauty of this game is the sheer unknown. Punts on Conor Washington and Christian Jolley were relatively successful while the goal scoring phenomenon that was Tom Meecham when he played for us couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo! Having said that, I do have a good feeling about Will Evans.
It’s coming up for 10 years since we signed Conor Washington so it’s time to discover another gem recruited from non-league football. Hopefully, Will Evans is our man.

However, I would argue that we didn’t take a punt on Christian Jolley. He had been promoted to the football league with AFC Wimbledon prior to joining us and, if I recall correctly, was their player of the season in their promotion season.
Christian Jolly was as you say an established and very good player at Conference level. One of the 'snooket' signings of Justin Edinburgh.
I take the point about Jolley. However, I think we may have got lucky with Washington and that for every Washington I would imagine there are many Meechams, otherwise the league would be awash with Vardys (if you see what I mean). Notwithstanding that, I think (hope) we have a gem in Evans.

On a similar topic, who was the player we signed from the welsh league who went back after a couple of weeks or so (I think from Llanelli after we beat them in welsh cup though I could be wrong?). I'm sure we paid quite a hefty fee or am I dreaming all of this?

County19081967 wrote: May 28th, 2022, 5:49 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 28th, 2022, 9:21 am

I take the point about Jolley. However, I think we may have got lucky with Washington and that for every Washington I would imagine there are many Meechams, otherwise the league would be awash with Vardys (if you see what I mean). Notwithstanding that, I think (hope) we have a gem in Evans.

On a similar topic, who was the player we signed from the welsh league who went back after a couple of weeks or so (I think from Llanelli after we beat them in welsh cup though I could be wrong?). I'm sure we paid quite a hefty fee or am I dreaming all of this?
Lee John from Port Talbot?