Re: From Protestant Pope to Hate Preacher

CathedralCounty wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:07 am
Blackandamber wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 10:24 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 8:31 pm
Blackandamber wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 2:56 pm
excessbee wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 11:59 am As I understand it, he's had to tone down his content to be allowed to conduct this tour. I think that says it all.
Yes I think it says it all. It's no longer acceptable to proclaim the bible in the UK.
In fairness I agree with you on that. It is a very dangerous road we go down, when we silence people because they say things we dislike, disagree with or even find offensive. To make my position clear hate speech should be illegal as in, let's kill homosexuals. But even though I disagree with the following sentiment for someone to say I believe in the Bible's teachings and therefore I believe homosexuality to be wrong, in my view freedom of expression.

Having said that I believe the late Desmond Tutu got that right. His view was that he would see what Jesus had to say on the subject of homosexuality. The good Bishop said that as Jesus was silent on the matter, he thought Jesus probably didn't think it a sin.
Just to make it clear, the Bible is very clear that Christ's followers are instructed to love all people. For example Jesus said that adultery is a sin, but we must still love and forgive adulterers. We even have to love Wrexham supporters!
Indeed to quote Shia Lebouf's character on the excellent WWII movie 'Fury' God would forgive [even] Hitler (although that does not mean he and any other evil doers would nor should escape man's judgment/justice on earth)
Yes that's right. Forgiveness does not mean escape from man's justice, and God will only forgive on his terms, so God would only have forgiven Hitler if he had truly repented of his sins and surrendered his life to Jesus.