Great article about Dom

On The Athletic website, only £1 a month for the first six months…..

Few at Rodney Parade are likely to forget Telford’s exploits this season. His prolific form under highly-rated manager Rowberry, who is just 36 and moved from his job as first-team coach with Cardiff City in October, means Newport’s next-highest scorer, Courtney Baker-Richardson, is on eight goals, with Telford providing two assists. Promotion remains the goal for the season but the play-off places will be hotly contested. County are sixth in a packed top end of the table.

“I’ve been living in Newport with Kevin Ellison who is nearly an OAP now,” Telford says. “Off the pitch, he has been unbelievable to live with, to see how he looks after himself… I can learn from the best. He’s 43 now — he looks 53 — but to be that age and not have any days off training and do the same as everyone else or even harder, the way he eats, sleeps and hydrates himself, it’s so important. You’re forever learning.

“We’ve got a good system going and there are a few of the lads doing really well under it. The system and the manager have been a massive help. I enjoy working with young managers. They’re similar in the sense that they are hungry, ambitious, they want to succeed and while they are learning you can learn from them. They have fresh ideas on the game and the way they see certain situations or scenarios. I’ve always backed my ability and the way that I play but it was just getting the chance to prove it on the big stage, having someone trust you. I enjoy the pressure of it.”

Re: Great article about Dom

The suspense, how did it all work out? 😂 Anyway, well done tonight Vale. Watching that game it was difficult to believe we beat them both recently. On our recent performances at home, a semi-final with any of these teams that have played with so much passion in these semi-finals would have been embarrassing.