Re: Grandstand County v Rochdale

G Guest wrote: May 7th, 2022, 7:20 pm It is hard to avoid the feeling that the club is falling into crisis again. As always success in the summer recruitment is vital. Probably at least a half of the players who started the game today won't be with us next season. And there must now be a doubt around Rowberry's ability to manage the team successfully. Five successive home defeats takes some doing.
Quite . Should we trust him and a SD who brought us Street to assemble the squad for next season? Instead of talking about learning he should be furious with the players and frightened for his job! He failed to get a squad that were widely tipped to go up, playing to the end of the season and the collapse is terrifying. Get an experienced manager in or we’re down next year. Today I saw no system, no plan A or B, no spirit and no clue. Reminds me of a young manager we had at Spytty, very nice but..

lowandhard wrote: May 7th, 2022, 7:50 pm
G Guest wrote: May 7th, 2022, 7:20 pm It is hard to avoid the feeling that the club is falling into crisis again. As always success in the summer recruitment is vital. Probably at least a half of the players who started the game today won't be with us next season. And there must now be a doubt around Rowberry's ability to manage the team successfully. Five successive home defeats takes some doing.
Quite . Should we trust him and a SD who brought us Street to assemble the squad for next season? Instead of talking about learning he should be furious with the players and frightened for his job! He failed to get a squad that were widely tipped to go up, playing to the end of the season and the collapse is terrifying. Get an experienced manager in or we’re down next year. Today I saw no system, no plan A or B, no spirit and no clue. Reminds me of a young manager we had at Spytty, very nice but..
Calm down really your negativity is something to behold. Don’t you think the players are pissed off as well at the dip in form / run of the ball that made today a dead rubber. The goal scoring exploits of Telford enhanced what is a mid table squad put together by a former manager who had lost interest and was lazy in his signings.
We have 12 players contracted which tells me we won’t be doing a Oldham or Scunthorpe next season but need to sign at least five who will be first choice in a number of positions to allow us to progress and move on from average unless a couple of the youngsters including Waite and Farkey push on strongly.
Street has poor composure in front of goal but otherwise is a decent player probably won’t make it unless he improves his finishing but we have seen many forwards over the years who struggle to score.

Another woeful home performance.
Let’s have none of this nonsense that he has inherited the team from Flynn.
We weren’t loosing at home like that before.
And none of this collective nonsense either.
Hope we don’t see Sesame Street again, 2 glorious chances missed.
Telford has been poor for some time only 1 goal recently.
Cooper not at the races today.
Norman gets to the box and either passes it backwards or floats a high lob into the box which is easily dealt with, he seldom runs into the box with the ball.
Azaz our only player if note, and he wouldn’t be here next season.
Fall on your sword JR come out and apologise to the fans say we were rubbish take the blame.
Look at Joey Barton (like him or not) he was essentially dead and buried in October and has just gained promotion he didn’t mince his words earlier in the season when BR we’re struggling.

Understandably everyone has their opinions /theories about our sudden demise at the end of the season. I read and hear a lot of criticism of poor tactics, selections, formations and use of substitutions.
Their are 2 facts however that cannot be ignored Firstly last 5 home games 0 points. Secondly last 5 away games 10 points (3 against teams that finished higher than us in the League)
That is clear evidence to me that the difference was far more psychological than anything else. IMO the greater proportion of the blame for that lies with the players rather than the management.

TFFT......I'm both saddened and glad, I haven't got to witness any more dirge dished up similar today for a few months! Now whilst I abhor criticising players, there were several going through the motions this afternoon, which angered me, considering the great turnout for a "dead rubber" and moreover the previous home defeats......I understand to a degree, not to make wholesale changes for the sake of it , but TBH, whilst Harrison Bright, made a competent contribution, I feel a few more could have done better than the few who's efforts were half hearted in appearance!
We will probably see less than half of todays squad within next years ensemble, and whilst I haven't criticised the management to date, "The collective", will have to be more switched on than they have appeared other than late (Port Vale away being an exception), otherwise we will have some more of the same to come........And I hope I'm wrong........

League Two Form (Home)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts BTTS Next match
1 Bristol Rovers 6 5 1 0 14 1 13 16 1
2 Exeter 6 5 0 1 10 4 6 15 3
3 Tranmere 6 4 2 0 12 5 7 14 3
4 Mansfield 6 4 1 1 11 6 5 13 3
5 Sutton Utd 6 4 1 1 10 5 5 13 2
6 Swindon 6 4 0 2 8 6 2 12 4
7 Carlisle 6 4 0 2 7 5 2 12 3
8 Crawley Town 6 4 0 2 7 5 2 12 2
9 Walsall 6 4 0 2 6 6 0 12 1
10 Northampton 6 3 2 1 9 4 5 11 2
11 Salford 6 3 2 1 10 7 3 11 4
12 Forest Green 6 3 2 1 7 5 2 11 3
13 Leyton Orient 6 3 1 2 12 8 4 10 3
14 Port Vale 6 3 1 2 10 8 2 10 4
15 Rochdale 6 3 1 2 8 6 2 10 2
16 Colchester 6 3 1 2 7 5 2 10 1
17 Stevenage 6 3 0 3 8 7 1 9 2
18 Bradford 6 2 2 2 7 6 1 8 4
19 Barrow 6 2 1 3 9 8 1 7 4
20 Oldham 6 1 1 4 8 12 -4 4 4
21 Harrogate Town 6 1 1 4 6 12 -6 4 3
22 Newport County 6 1 0 5 5 10 -5 3 3
23 Scunthorpe 6 0 2 4 3 13 -10 2 3
24 Hartlepool 6 0 1 5 2 12 -10 1 1

County ranger wrote: May 7th, 2022, 8:44 pm
lowandhard wrote: May 7th, 2022, 7:50 pm
Calm down really your negativity is something to behold. Don’t you think the players are pissed off as well at the dip in form / run of the ball that made today a dead rubber. The goal scoring exploits of Telford enhanced what is a mid table squad put together by a former manager who had lost interest and was lazy in his signings.
We have 12 players contracted which tells me we won’t be doing a Oldham or Scunthorpe next season but need to sign at least five who will be first choice in a number of positions to allow us to progress and move on from average unless a couple of the youngsters including Waite and Farkey push on strongly.
Street has poor composure in front of goal but otherwise is a decent player probably won’t make it unless he improves his finishing but we have seen many forwards over the years who struggle to score.
Calm down be f¥cked! Five home losses on the trot at a vital part of the season would see the end of managers ten times better than Rowberry! Let’s tell it like it is, the latter part of the season has been a total disaster - and some remarkable home attendances have had to witness it all. Dreadful.

lowandhard wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:38 am Thanks Kevinmoorefellover for illustrating my criticisms so succinctly. A team and management that loses form so badly has a fatal flaw, such a series of results deserves proper explanation or remedy…
Still, as long as JR is learning eh?
Looking back, the turning point was the loss of Wayne Hatswell, he was the real strategic and experienced power behind the throne. Listening to Rowberry’s constant theoretical claptrap, makes me wonder if this was a catalyst to Wayne being receptive to Flynn’s offer of a sideways move. He probably also saw that under James his ambition to be in a higher league was never going to be achieved.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:34 am
lowandhard wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:38 am Thanks Kevinmoorefellover for illustrating my criticisms so succinctly. A team and management that loses form so badly has a fatal flaw, such a series of results deserves proper explanation or remedy…
Looking back, the turning point was the loss of Wayne Hatswell, he was the real strategic and experienced power behind the throne. Listening to Rowberry’s constant theoretical claptrap, makes me wonder if this was a catalyst to Wayne being receptive to Flynn’s offer of a sideways move. He probably also saw that under James his ambition to be in a higher league was never going to be achieved.
I think there has been a lot of 'theoretical claptrap' spoken by Rowberry and posters on this forum. The facts are the turning point was after we reached an automatic promotion position our home form has been relegation, and our away form automatic promotion.
Can someone explain to me why this was the case.? Surely this is the question that needs answering.
Afterall the playing squad and management were the same home and away.
Perhaps Rowberry should only be in charge of away fixtures next season.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: May 8th, 2022, 12:07 am League Two Form (Home)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts BTTS Next match
1 Bristol Rovers 6 5 1 0 14 1 13 16 1
2 Exeter 6 5 0 1 10 4 6 15 3
3 Tranmere 6 4 2 0 12 5 7 14 3
4 Mansfield 6 4 1 1 11 6 5 13 3
5 Sutton Utd 6 4 1 1 10 5 5 13 2
6 Swindon 6 4 0 2 8 6 2 12 4
7 Carlisle 6 4 0 2 7 5 2 12 3
8 Crawley Town 6 4 0 2 7 5 2 12 2
9 Walsall 6 4 0 2 6 6 0 12 1
10 Northampton 6 3 2 1 9 4 5 11 2
11 Salford 6 3 2 1 10 7 3 11 4
12 Forest Green 6 3 2 1 7 5 2 11 3
13 Leyton Orient 6 3 1 2 12 8 4 10 3
14 Port Vale 6 3 1 2 10 8 2 10 4
15 Rochdale 6 3 1 2 8 6 2 10 2
16 Colchester 6 3 1 2 7 5 2 10 1
17 Stevenage 6 3 0 3 8 7 1 9 2
18 Bradford 6 2 2 2 7 6 1 8 4
19 Barrow 6 2 1 3 9 8 1 7 4
20 Oldham 6 1 1 4 8 12 -4 4 4
21 Harrogate Town 6 1 1 4 6 12 -6 4 3
22 Newport County 6 1 0 5 5 10 -5 3 3
23 Scunthorpe 6 0 2 4 3 13 -10 2 3
24 Hartlepool 6 0 1 5 2 12 -10 1 1
And the away form table? I suspect overall over six games we would be mid table which is why we missed out and in reality without Telford’s goals we are a mid table squad.

We were terrible yesterday. Absolutely dire. The longer Rowberry has coaching us the worse we get. The only positives yesterday were that I thought Dolan and Pask played well, which is odd because we were so bad defensively.

The sad thing is I actually think we had a strong squad, with good players, this season. Let's hope Roberry gets the pre-season right because I don't think he's going anywhere.

By the way please critique all of my posts remembering that I wrote off Joey Barton in October and predicted that he would be sacked before the end of the season. Shows how much I know about football.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: May 8th, 2022, 6:34 am
Spot on