Re: Cameron Norman

daftasfxxx wrote: May 5th, 2022, 3:31 pm I'm sure some want us back in the Connie South
I think you're wrong on that. I have no doubt that everyone who posts on here wants Newport County to play at as high a level as possible. However look at Conference North. Look at how many of our rivals whom we have played in the Football League in my memory are playing there now.

Two successive relegations can happen all too easily. Clubs who build a proper infrastructure, develop a sustainable youth policy, don't rely on questionable deals with people like Elite are not protected from relegation to Tier 6. They do though stand a far better chance of dragging themselves back up.

excessbee wrote: May 5th, 2022, 4:08 pm If, as you say, they stand a far better chance of dragging themselves back up, how come they haven't done so?
Stockport?

Also pause for a moment. Five years ago we nearly lost our League status. As it turned out Hartlepool went down. Hartlepool are back in League 2. Now I accept that we can never know for sure. Hand on heart though, had Mark O'Brien not scored that goal do you really believe we would have come back?

Me neither.

Five years ago we nearly lost our League status. As it turned out Hartlepool went down. Hartlepool are back in League 2. Now I accept that we can never know for sure. Hand on heart though, had Mark O'Brien not scored that goal do you really believe we would have come back?
Getting back to the subject of the thread, thankfully we had a right back on that day who could cross a ball to Mark O'Brien with his "wrong" foot. Much as I like Cameron Norman as a player he appears unwilling or unable to kick a ball with his left foot and defenders know he is never going to cut back to cross the ball but will always try to get to the by-line and cross with his right.