Re: Keeping players out of contract

Telford Pull out the stops to keep
Woodiwiss Certainly keep him but I fear JR may release
CBR probably keep although form has dropped off
Clarke I do like his commitment but too slow and not comfortable in passing game so may not stay
Haynes great one week then not so good next.Is it devil you know 50/50 on him
Fisher no,not enough goal threat so thank him but no thanks
Ellison too old now to play much although would be ideal for Development manager if we are having one

Percy plunkett wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 11:05 pm Telford Pull out the stops to keep
Woodiwiss Certainly keep him but I fear JR may release
CBR probably keep although form has dropped off
Clarke I do like his commitment but too slow and not comfortable in passing game so may not stay
Haynes great one week then not so good next.Is it devil you know 50/50 on him
Fisher no,not enough goal threat so thank him but no thanks
Ellison too old now to play much although would be ideal for Development manager if we are having one
Agree with most of that. Imagine CBR, Clarke and Haynes' possible extensions will depend upon if we can sign perceived better alternatives. Even if Haynes does stay believe we should be looking for an alternative left footed full/wing back.
Suspect our biggest challenge will be to replace the creativity and quality provided by Azaz and Cooper.

Clarke has performed well for us though a bit slow and appears knackered long before the end, I’d keep him as I would Haynes who gives us something different on the left. Try to keep Telford obviously but what we will obviously miss is the midfielders so we must bust a gut to get replacements in ( preferably as signings ). I’m conflicted on CBR, doesn’t appear to be able to trap a bag of cement at times but the combination with Telford seems to work. We need to SIGN the replacements we need so that we don’t get disrupted by situations like the Twine recall. Any decent loans we get should be treated as a bonus, we must get our own nucleus right first.
Long term we should be developing players like Jeffries, Livermore and Woodiwiss instead of neglecting them. The dark Lord and Fisher just not needed in future though I thought that this year Ellison wasn’t used nearly enough late on in games.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 12:32 pm I think we need to keep CBR. I know he divides opinion but his work ethic and what he brings to the team is invaluable if you're going to play with a player like DT. It's my opinion that we will keep him because he's still an unknown quantity and teams won't realise that he was instrumental in so many of Dom's goals.

With You mate

It seems to me that you'll get an hour of graft out of CBR, but the issue is who makes up the extra thirty minutes. It's apparent that we could bring on Fisher AND Street and play with twelve and we wouldn't increase the goal threat. Maybe there are players at Exeter and FGR who won't be making the step up to League One.

Although we have got Waite in the midfield we will be without Cain, Azaz and Cooper next season so this to me is the area that we need to bolster with good talent.
Wilmot in my opinion isn't that wonderful in midfield, he doesn't tackle enough especially in defence, we is an out and out winger.
The other thing that we haven't had for some seasons is some genuine real pace in the side especially up front.
I believe having genuine fast guys in most sports is a must.

Twamley must be worth developing surely?
20 goals last season in the u18 and 10 this season including a hatrick v Everton…
Plays no10 or as a winger and creates chances…
Saw him against Arsenal u21 and looked quick and direct in his 10 minutes…
Contracted until June 2023…and gained experience of men’s football whilst at Salisbury fc
18 years of age and 19 in August he must be worth developing..

Thisiswales76 wrote: May 3rd, 2022, 4:54 pm Twamley must be worth developing surely?
20 goals last season in the u18 and 10 this season including a hatrick v Everton…
Plays no10 or as a winger and creates chances…
Saw him against Arsenal u21 and looked quick and direct in his 10 minutes…
Contracted until June 2023…and gained experience of men’s football whilst at Salisbury fc
18 years of age and 19 in August he must be worth developing..
You are right there,he cannot play Saturday because of his loan spell.