Re: First Ever Live League Game on TV?

Yes indeed. It’s a dreadful shame and a wasted opportunity in that fewer prospective fans are likely to watch and become regulars. However, given our present form that may turn out to be a blessing in disguise! If we play well tomorrow it will leave a bitter taste in that it’ll underline the fact that we bottled the run in. So I’m very unsure as to what to expect though I’m expecting a Port Vale win will be the bookies choice.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 1st, 2022, 11:53 pm
Justanordinaryfan wrote: May 1st, 2022, 11:42 pm Whilst it wasn’t Sky .. pretty sure that County’s 4-0 win over Wrexham in 82/83 was live on tv.
It was a long time ago so I could be wrong but my memory is that the Wrexham game was on Match of the Day but wasn't broadcast live.
I don't think league games were broadcast live on TV back then, certainly not a 3rd division match. Also it was a Saturday afternoon game which wouldn't have been allowed.

KingOfGwent wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 7:35 am We were on multiple times in the Conference. And obviously we've been live in the Playoffs six times in total. But this is the first normal Football League match live on Sky, yes.

Bradford at home earlier this season was picked for international coverage.
I can't remember our conference games being shown live. I'll take your word for it. Were any conf games live from Spytty or RP?