Re: Exeter City

Brilliant article and definitely the template we should be following or guided by.

10 million from bringing through their own players and that's got to be one of our aims though that will take patience and time to develop. I think a perfect example of developing a player is highlighted by what the article says about Matt Jay who took 4 years to truly establish himself similar to Andrew Hughes.

I also agree with what Matty Dolan has said in the Argus about establishing ourselves as a top end league 2 team.

I've enjoyed this season I can see what we're trying to build and accept just like Exeter it's going to take time to complete the process on and off the pitch.

George Street-Bridge wrote: April 28th, 2022, 11:03 am Ireland plays a summer season and I wouldn't be surprised if he could fill his boots back there.
The season runs from February through to November. The standard in my view would be on a par with League2/National League.

I'd love to see Podge back here but wonderful though he was I fear that the years have simply caught up with him. Strikers tend to rely on pace and even at 33 he will not be as quick as he was when he played for Sligo at 21. His record for the 'bit of red' was impressive 23 goals in 36 appearances.

I wonder whether Podge will get a winners or runners-up medal, after 8 starts and 25 appearances this season? I think there’s a minimum number of games or you miss out on a medal.

Really hope he gets one and a decent player/coach contract for next season and beyond. He’s a fantastic bloke and potentially has a career ahead of him as a coach or journalist.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: April 28th, 2022, 6:44 pm I wonder whether Podge will get a winners or runners-up medal, after 8 starts and 25 appearances this season? I think there’s a minimum number of games or you miss out on a medal.

Really hope he gets one and a decent player/coach contract for next season and beyond. He’s a fantastic bloke and potentially has a career ahead of him as a coach or journalist.
100 percent behind you on that. Maybe Newport County could also bring him back to the club with open arms. He now knows what is needed to win promotion from league two. I also believe that they should help get him to get his coaching badges. He would be good to have around next season.

-

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: April 28th, 2022, 6:44 pm I wonder whether Podge will get a winners or runners-up medal, after 8 starts and 25 appearances this season? I think there’s a minimum number of games or you miss out on a medal.

I think that it's 5 appearances for a Premiership medal so would have expected it to be the same in League 2.

Free beer wrote: April 28th, 2022, 8:44 pm

I think that it's 5 appearances for a Premiership medal so would have expected it to be the same in League 2.
The EFL rulebook says: “To be eligible to receive a Championship, League One or Two winners medal, a player must have been named on the team sheet in at least 25% of the club's league fixtures in that season.

Amberexile wrote: May 1st, 2022, 1:15 pm
Free beer wrote: April 28th, 2022, 8:44 pm

The EFL rulebook says: “To be eligible to receive a Championship, League One or Two winners medal, a player must have been named on the team sheet in at least 25% of the club's league fixtures in that season.
Thanks AmEx, I thought the rule was something like that, so because he was named as a sub in 3/4 of their games and started a handful then he’ll deservedly get a medal, assuming FGR don't regain top spot. Which, arguably, they deserve seeing as they’ve been so consistently good and were top since early Sept.

someone
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 27th, 2022, 8:39 pm Good luck to them. Dieng had the season of his life. 8 goals in 3 seasons for Southend and scores 6 this season from midfield. Be interesting to see what happens to Podge, seems disrespectful to just release him onto the scrapheap in the summer.
Someone on their forum suggested he was staying as a coach, good place to do your badges.

penycwm county wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 3:40 pm
someone
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 27th, 2022, 8:39 pm Good luck to them. Dieng had the season of his life. 8 goals in 3 seasons for Southend and scores 6 this season from midfield. Be interesting to see what happens to Podge, seems disrespectful to just release him onto the scrapheap in the summer.
Someone on their forum suggested he was staying as a coach, good place to do your badges.

He will do his badges at Newport...he still lives local