Re: Exeter City

neilcork68 wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 3:44 pm
penycwm county wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 3:40 pm
someone
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 27th, 2022, 8:39 pm Good luck to them. Dieng had the season of his life. 8 goals in 3 seasons for Southend and scores 6 this season from midfield. Be interesting to see what happens to Podge, seems disrespectful to just release him onto the scrapheap in the summer.
makes sense to do them where you work.

Someone on their forum suggested he was staying as a coach, good place to do your badges.

He will do his badges at Newport...he still lives local

neilcork68 wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 3:44 pm
penycwm county wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 3:40 pm
someone
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 27th, 2022, 8:39 pm Good luck to them. Dieng had the season of his life. 8 goals in 3 seasons for Southend and scores 6 this season from midfield. Be interesting to see what happens to Podge, seems disrespectful to just release him onto the scrapheap in the summer.
Someone on their forum suggested he was staying as a coach, good place to do your badges.

He will do his badges at Newport...he still lives local
That would be really good. I could be wrong but it seemed like MF put more stock in having experienced old heads around the club than JR does now.

Podge had already started / perhaps completed his coaching badges before the pandemic, as I recall refereeing the academy U16 team which he ran of helped to run in a JPL game.

I hope he does return to County but I fear the club may have burnt those bridges, judging by the newspaper report quoting how Podge came to leave on loan at the start of the season.

I think it’s more likely that he will return to Grimsby or Ireland in a player/coach role if the opportunities arise.