Re: The Wayne Hatswell Effect

Beechwood Boy wrote: April 27th, 2022, 3:33 pm
Blackandamber wrote: April 27th, 2022, 11:01 am
ajs wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:37 am We got to 3rd in the table without Hatswell, a very poor squad sign by the old manager, plenty of signings but little quality in depth. I think we were 13th when JR took over. I think JR has done ok and we should reserve judgement until he has put his squad together.
Of the current players for next season only 5 are worthy of a contract, as and for letting go Tom King who wanted to stay, then replacing him with a keeper who failed in the Championship, failed in League 1 and giving him 3 year contract probably well paid, just about some's up the previous manager judgements.
Give JR a chance, Waite looks a good prospect and I'm sure there are a few more like him in the pipeline. This manager wants to play football.
"We got to 3rd in the table without Hatswell"

- Hatswell didn't leave until 22nd February, so we got to 3rd in table WITH Hatswell.
On 22nd February we were 8th, then we progressed up to 3rd by 12th March and still there on the 15th.
Ok. Good point. I could argue that it took 3 weeks for the "Hatswell effect" to wear off, but I won't. However I think the JR / WH combination was better than the current combination (can't remember the name of the present assistant).