Re: The Wayne Hatswell Effect

We got to 3rd in the table without Hatswell, a very poor squad sign by the old manager, plenty of signings but little quality in depth. I think we were 13th when JR took over. I think JR has done ok and we should reserve judgement until he has put his squad together.
Of the current players for next season only 5 are worthy of a contract, as and for letting go Tom King who wanted to stay, then replacing him with a keeper who failed in the Championship, failed in League 1 and giving him 3 year contract probably well paid, just about some's up the previous manager judgements.
Give JR a chance, Waite looks a good prospect and I'm sure there are a few more like him in the pipeline. This manager wants to play football.

ajs wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:37 am We got to 3rd in the table without Hatswell, a very poor squad sign by the old manager, plenty of signings but little quality in depth. I think we were 13th when JR took over. I think JR has done ok and we should reserve judgement until he has put his squad together.
Of the current players for next season only 5 are worthy of a contract, as and for letting go Tom King who wanted to stay, then replacing him with a keeper who failed in the Championship, failed in League 1 and giving him 3 year contract probably well paid, just about some's up the previous manager judgements.
Give JR a chance, Waite looks a good prospect and I'm sure there are a few more like him in the pipeline. This manager wants to play football.
"We got to 3rd in the table without Hatswell"

- Hatswell didn't leave until 22nd February, so we got to 3rd in table WITH Hatswell.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:56 am
UPTHEPORT wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:52 am Personally I think it's more dropping Townsend for Day
I agree. I think NT is a better keeper than JD. Although NT's distribution at times is poor.
Replacing Townsend was one of JR's poorest decisions. We will never know what would have happened if he hadn't done this but when NT failed to be selected after injury I feared the worst and the worst happened.

Hats was our man for the new manager but my understanding was that he didn't want the job so that was that.

Blackandamber wrote: April 27th, 2022, 11:01 am
ajs wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:37 am We got to 3rd in the table without Hatswell, a very poor squad sign by the old manager, plenty of signings but little quality in depth. I think we were 13th when JR took over. I think JR has done ok and we should reserve judgement until he has put his squad together.
"We got to 3rd in the table without Hatswell"

- Hatswell didn't leave until 22nd February, so we got to 3rd in table WITH Hatswell.
On 22nd February we were 8th, then we progressed up to 3rd by 12th March and still there on the 15th.

I don't get the love in with Townsend. He's no better or worse keeper than Day. Certainly not the messiah and a keeper that gets beaten waaaaaay too many times at his near post. I think people forget how poorly he has played in some games, to the point where people on here, county chat on fb were calling him to be dropped for Day.

Exile 1976 wrote: April 27th, 2022, 3:52 pm I don't get the love in with Townsend. He's no better or worse keeper than Day. Certainly not the messiah and a keeper that gets beaten waaaaaay too many times at his near post. I think people forget how poorly he has played in some games, to the point where people on here, county chat on fb were calling him to be dropped for Day.
Totally agree with this, many seem to have forgotten Townsends near post mishaps which up to his injury seem to happen every week.

UPTHEPORT wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:52 am Personally I think it's more dropping Townsend for Day
My thoughts entirely, it’s not that Day was terribly bad but he’s not the type of goalkeeper you want when you’re supposedly playing out from the back. Townsend is a more modern keeper at sweeping and playing football with fellow defenders. The defence never looked safe with Day back in goal.