Re: It's Over

It’s over. It certainly is for this season. That superb song came out at the same time as when I started supporting the County - 1964. At some stage of each season it seems to have been the soundtrack for our support for that particular season. It’s the County way, it never seems to change.🥲

Next season, hmm. For the first time in years I have a feeling of dread for next season. It all depends upon judgement. JR judgement in getting the right players in, or judging some of the academy players good enough to be promoted. Otherwise next season might be ‘over’ before it has gone too far.

pembsexile wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:54 am It’s over. It certainly is for this season. That superb song came out at the same time as when I started supporting the County - 1964. At some stage of each season it seems to have been the soundtrack for our support for that particular season. It’s the County way, it never seems to change.🥲

Next season, hmm. For the first time in years I have a feeling of dread for next season. It all depends upon judgement. JR judgement in getting the right players in, or judging some of the academy players good enough to be promoted. Otherwise next season might be ‘over’ before it has gone too far.
Yes undoubtedly about judgements. The other judgements of course are the ones made by potential recruits. Will they judge that Newport will be the best place to come to?

pembsexile wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:54 am It’s over. It certainly is for this season. That superb song came out at the same time as when I started supporting the County - 1964. At some stage of each season it seems to have been the soundtrack for our support for that particular season. It’s the County way, it never seems to change.🥲

I'm not at all optimistic about next season as well.

I started watching the County in 1962, and the song I remember being regularly played at Somerton Park was Glad All Over by the Dave Clark Five. Everyone on the "bob bank" used to stamp their feet on the wooden sleepers in time with the music. Lets hope we're glad all over next season.

My feeling too as I’ve all too abundantly elaborated on elsewhere on my assessment of JR. Let’s hope both your feelings and my assessment are totally wrong but I can’t get over his GK selection when he espoused the type of game we were to play, and if you can’t get number 1 on the team sheet right…