Re: Players contracted for 2022/23 season

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 25th, 2022, 4:11 pm

It is the system which is wrong. Clubs at our level need to act in unison if it is to be tackled. Similar in my view to the reliance on agents. Only if all clubs act together can anything be done.
Sorry to quote myself but I don't think I could have been more clear. What is really sad is that there are a number of well argued points being made by people who want to have serious discussions about the club we love. Why some people need days later to post up nonsense such as GSB's latest sojourn into his own fantasy world of that which people do not write is beyond me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 27th, 2022, 6:54 pm
George Street-Bridge wrote: April 27th, 2022, 6:31 pm We could always become the first club to swear off the loan system and bask in the whiff of our own martyrdom.
Which is why George I said clubs would need to act in unison. If only you'd try reading what people write you might stop making a spectacle of yourself.
You is such a hypocrite you are a fine one to talk.

Torquay Exile wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:51 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 27th, 2022, 6:54 pm
George Street-Bridge wrote: April 27th, 2022, 6:31 pm We could always become the first club to swear off the loan system and bask in the whiff of our own martyrdom.
Which is why George I said clubs would need to act in unison. If only you'd try reading what people write you might stop making a spectacle of yourself.
You is such a hypocrite you are a fine one to talk.
You are entitled to your view. Your evidence for your view might give me the opportunity to either accept or refute that which you say. I look forward to reading it.

George Street-Bridge wrote: April 28th, 2022, 7:37 am Stan, why do you assume you are central to everything discussed here? That's only in your own befuddled thought processes.

We could always become the first club to swear off the loan system and bask in the whiff of our own martyrdom. Who knows, there might be a groundswell of backing for the idea?
I don't always assume I am central to everything discussed on here. The premise of your question is as ridiculous as much else that you 'contribute' on this board.

However in this discussion I am the only person who is advocating that the loan system should be scrapped. It follows therefore that your ill advised attempt at sarcasm was aimed at me. And if that is the case you have utterly misrepresented my views. I suppose it is just possible you are suggesting that we bask in whiff of our own martyrdom. If that is the case to answer your question, no I don't believe there will be a groundswell for that option. Other than yourself I don't think anyone is that stupid.

However if as I believe you were not being serious but rather attempting to take a swipe at me, I'm afraid once again the discerning readers of this board will note how childish you are.

Edit.

Let's cut the bollox shall we? Your post was a swipe at me. You know it, I know it and everyone who reads this board knows it. My views were fundamentally misrepresented and you lack the integrity to withdraw and apologise. You are in the original sense of the word pathetic and you have my sympathy.

What I find disappointing that we never or seldom hear how the lads whom we have loaned out are performing. ie so and so started, scored a goal, came on as a sub etc.
I have noticed on several club's web sites that they have a "Loan Watch" section where you can view a loanees progress.
It would be nice to know how our lads are getting along.

Fu Ming wrote: April 28th, 2022, 9:57 am What I find disappointing that we never or seldom hear how the lads whom we have loaned out are performing. ie so and so started, scored a goal, came on as a sub etc.
I have noticed on several club's web sites that they have a "Loan Watch" section where you can view a loanees progress.
I think the nearest we have to that is the ‘news on ex County players’ thread started several years ago. Not sure if it contains a lot of info on loanees outgoing though.

I think the problem we may have is that our loanees normally go out to lower league clubs where the flow of information may not be as good as from efl clubs.

How is it that other clubs manage their loanee news? Do they have people actively watching or do they pick up news snippets? Sound idea though, perhaps you should get it started.

Fu Ming wrote: April 28th, 2022, 9:57 am What I find disappointing that we never or seldom hear how the lads whom we have loaned out are performing. ie so and so started, scored a goal, came on as a sub etc.
Well I'm off to watch Gloucester City on Saturday so am happy to report back on Louis Hall (if he starts). Former Exile, Daniel Leadbitter, in their squad as well, of course.

Well I’ve been keeping an interested eye on our loan players that have gone out through the press
Louis Hall (Gloucester City) & Joe Woodiwiss (Merthyr Town) have started the majority of their games , faring well reading some reports
Jordan Greenidge has been used sparingly at Weymouth,
Louis Twamley only started a couple of games for Salisbury before coming back to Newport (not sure what happened,could be injured) and
Ryan Hillier has mainly been an unused sub for Cardiff Met,

Kairdiff Exile wrote: April 28th, 2022, 11:44 am
Well I'm off to watch Gloucester City on Saturday so am happy to report back on Louis Hall (if he starts). Former Exile, Daniel Leadbitter, in their squad as well, of course.
Never forget the look of sheer horror on Louis's face for 90 mins when we played Southampton at RP. It was like Mike Tyson in his prime going up against a 3 year old.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: April 28th, 2022, 11:44 am
Not holding my breath on those two getting a favourable report from you.