Re: Is Josh Pask worth a punt

For me is a definite Yes.
As stated he is something different from what we already have , a centre half comfortable on the ball.
Still relatively young and have to back Rowberrys judgment here as he sees him day in day out.
Also with the young lad at Merthyr , I also went to watch a game and Merthyr easily won and he was outstanding in that game (think it was Salisbury) asking some die hard Merthyr fans they rate him highly as well. Has looked the part in the bit parts he has played for us , albeit in the Papà Johns & League cup.
Will be interesting to see if he gets another contract at Newport though, as I believe that his contract is up this year also. Again , have to back Rowberrys judgement again as he is the one working with these players day in day out.

Jdw4127 wrote: April 25th, 2022, 5:19 pm For me is a definite Yes.
As stated he is something different from what we already have , a centre half comfortable on the ball.
Still relatively young and have to back Rowberrys judgment here as he sees him day in day out.
Also with the young lad at Merthyr , I also went to watch a game and Merthyr easily won and he was outstanding in that game (think it was Salisbury) asking some die hard Merthyr fans they rate him highly as well. Has looked the part in the bit parts he has played for us , albeit in the Papà Johns & League cup.
Will be interesting to see if he gets another contract at Newport though, as I believe that his contract is up this year also. Again , have to back Rowberrys judgement again as he is the one working with these players day in day out.
It’s all about opinions I guess,you and I like him,76 doesn’t,I just hope JR thinks like us.

Percy plunkett wrote: April 25th, 2022, 6:31 pm
Jdw4127 wrote: April 25th, 2022, 5:19 pm For me is a definite Yes.
It’s all about opinions I guess,you and I like him,76 doesn’t,I just hope JR thinks like us.

Not sure I said I didn’t like him, simply told you what I thought of his performances for Merthyr, a few leagues below us.
As I also said, he should have learnt a lot alongside Yakubu and hopefully he’ll come back a better player.
Not sure he’s currently good enough to be in a league 2 starting XI, hopefully for our sake he is, we’ll see though.