Re: Today's games

The behaviour of the fans was ridiculous. That is not the way to go about things. I see that the result has not been ratified yet. Whatever happens, and ignoring the 1-2 score with 11 minutes to go, Salford cannot be seen to get an advantage from the unfinished game. They are one point outside the play offs and surely 1-2 cannot be allowed to stand. How can they profit from the actions of upset opposition fans. If they do, it may set a precedent for other fans in the future.

Can you imagine the outcry if we had been denied the play offs by virtue of Salford being ahead of us as a result of this game. Not going to happen now I know, but………. The same applies to fans of other teams of course.

Edit, just posted and then saw Reebok post above. If they beat them fair and square, OK.

Re: Today's games

Sounds like the same resolution as at Orient a few years back. Announce an abandonment, protesters think they have achieved something, wait an hour and make a token gesture to finish the game. Of course the reality may prove very different. If the objective was to strike a blow at the club owner, he might dig his heels in even more. The punishment may be a points deduction for next season. What if they are deducted six points and end up five points behind the top club.

Edit: Of course, silly me, that can't happen because the EFL cannot impose a sanction on a team that is competing in another league.