Re: Welsh prem

George Street-Bridge wrote: April 24th, 2022, 9:06 am Well remembered! I looked it up and we lost 5-2 at Chelmsford before losing 6-1 at Wrexham and only Andrew Thomas started both games. Shocked to see it was almost 19 years ago.
I only remember it because I was extremely hacked off, having travelled the distance to find out we were putting the youth team out, nothing against the youth team but when I pay to see the first team I expect to see the first team, and in effect we basically 'threw' that game, only to get mullered in the final that we have saved back for.
Don't know if there was any 'come back' from the league for doing that.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 24th, 2022, 8:14 am
DT1892 wrote: April 24th, 2022, 12:45 am For context, Penybont put out a team of academy players, assuming the first team were rested for the Cup final next week. Although, I'm guessing some of the league officials won't be happy with Rhys Griffiths for essentially 'throwing' a game.
Well if we follow the suggestions of some that we play all our academy players in games v Port Vale and Rochdale this board should make for interesting reading.
I think there's a few on here that view our academy with severely amber-tinted spectacles.

DT1892 wrote: April 24th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 24th, 2022, 8:14 am
DT1892 wrote: April 24th, 2022, 12:45 am For context, Penybont put out a team of academy players, assuming the first team were rested for the Cup final next week. Although, I'm guessing some of the league officials won't be happy with Rhys Griffiths for essentially 'throwing' a game.
Well if we follow the suggestions of some that we play all our academy players in games v Port Vale and Rochdale this board should make for interesting reading.
I think there's a few on here that view our academy with severely amber-tinted spectacles.
The difficulty in assessing players in the academy is that you don't know for sure whether a player is good or merely better than the others on the pitch. Put another way an average amateur female boxer would probably knock me out as quickly as Tyson Fury. However I wouldn't think that an average female amateur boxer would last more than thirty seconds in the ring with the heavyweight champion of the world.

The mistake Penybont made was flooding the side with academy players to save the senior players for the cup match.Flynny was guilty of the same thing in the PapaJohns where four or five might start and a few more come on leaving it men against boys.The trick is,to pick your best three and integrate them into the game.Therefore against Rochdale,start Bright and Karadogan,our two new professionals,and bring on Sonny Lewis later.I have said that Livermore,Twamley and Woodiwiss should have been part of the first team this season but,for various reasons,they can’t be included in that game so,stick with just those three against Rochdale.

Going back to the thread title,I have taken an interest in Cardiff MU over the years as it is only a 15 minute drive.They always finish 7th out of 12 which is pretty consistent,Barry normally finish 3rd or 4th and usually quality for Europe.This year they finished 11th and have been relegated,they even managed to lose to Cefn Druids yesterday,they finished bottom with a goal difference of - 87.Barry are one of the best supported teams in the league so,don’t know what has gone wrong there this season.