Re: Upwardly mobile Forest Green are prepared to park the bus

pembsexile wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 11:57 am Norm, if they are seed potatoes, they should have been planted two weeks ago! Don’t put then on planet Vega though, it will be too hot and they won’t sprout.
As you know Mike us grown ups not only don't fall out when we disagree but welcome comment which can challenge our beliefs. In that spirit I know you will be pleased to have your knowledge increased.

You are right of course that seed potatoes needing to be planted in late March or early April. However it would be remiss of me not to point out that you have fallen into a common misconception.

The problem with growning potatoes on Vega is not the heat. Rather it is the total lack of precipitation. Annual rainfall on Vega is less than one centimetre. 😁

yourfinalanswer wrote: April 21st, 2022, 7:30 pm Racist comments.
Not exactly agreeing with you, and struggling to make this football related, but I have to share a joke I enjoyed yesterday in a film about a female Finnish graduate sharing a railway compartment with a male Russian worker on a long distance trip from Moscow to Murmansk ("Compartment No 6").

On an overnight stop, he takes her to visit an old lady in the woods, who has an interesting line in statistics pertaining to human beings: she postulates that only redheads are human. Following her logic through, she declares that Ireland has more humans than China, as there are a lot of redheads in Ireland, but none in China.

I suppose you could transfer that logic to vegans and declare that there are more humans in Nailsworth than Newport, or vice versa.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 12:39 pm
pembsexile wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 11:57 am Norm, if they are seed potatoes, they should have been planted two weeks ago! Don’t put then on planet Vega though, it will be too hot and they won’t sprout.
As you know Mike us grown ups not only don't fall out when we disagree but welcome comment which can challenge our beliefs. In that spirit I know you will be pleased to have your knowledge increased.

You are right of course that seed potatoes needing to be planted in late March or early April. However it would be remiss of me not to point out that you have fallen into a common misconception.

The problem with growning potatoes on Vega is not the heat. Rather it is the total lack of precipitation. Annual rainfall on Vega is less than one centimetre. 😁
Brendan, you know me. If I state facts, I get them from reputable sources. I happen to know that the annual precipitation on planet Vega is 100cm pa. It clearly states this in Gardeners World (Vega edition).

This is way in excess of what is required for the Maris Piper, Maris Peer and Red Pontiac varieties. However, I will concede that if you try and grow Yukon Gold on Vega, they may struggle with that amount of rain. That said, I am not quite sure what variety of potato Norm had. We need more info’.

North London Exile wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 2:30 pm
Not exactly agreeing with you, and struggling to make this football related, but I have to share a joke I enjoyed yesterday in a film about a female Finnish graduate sharing a railway compartment with a male Russian worker on a long distance trip from Moscow to Murmansk ("Compartment No 6").

On an overnight stop, he takes her to visit an old lady in the woods, who has an interesting line in statistics pertaining to human beings: she postulates that only redheads are human. Following her logic through, she declares that Ireland has more humans than China, as there are a lot of redheads in Ireland, but none in China.

I suppose you could transfer that logic to vegans and declare that there are more humans in Nailsworth than Newport, or vice versa.
But are they all Swedes?

lowandhard wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 6:57 pm

But are they all Swedes?

Your Son must be so proud of you?

yourfinalanswer wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 7:25 pm

But are they all Swedes?

Keep it civil mate. You're making yourself sound like a right weirdo. I'd lay off the wacky baccy.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 8:37 pm
yourfinalanswer wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 7:25 pm

But are they all Swedes?

Keep it civil mate. You're making yourself sound like a right weirdo. I'd lay off the wacky baccy.

Let's get one thing straight I'm not your mate. I do have a question for you, how's the dealing going?