Re: Grandstand: Sutton United v Newport County (Away)

Anto wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:10 pm
lowandhard wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:03 pm With three more than tragic home performances and being about as clinical as Doctor Dolittle with our chances today, we have absolutely thrown our promotion hopes away.
Yes at those 3 home matches we attracted nearly 2000 potentially new supporters. Will they be back? I doubt it.
About 2000 might be all we manage in total Fri.

Ugo. wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:05 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:02 pm
Ugo. wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:01 pm Game sums up what is wrong. Sutton have looked very limited in both games against them yet they have done the double over us and are sat in the play off places.

We had majority of game but not enough decent chances created.
We beat Sutton at RP
Oh yes. My mistake. We won it in injury time. They had been 2-0 up early on in that one.

They are still very limited in my opinion.
Absolutely agree. On todays performance I amazed that they are where they are in the league.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:01 pm Very frustrating loss, we didn't deserve, but ultimately we weren't good enough to take the chances we created. Lost to a debatable pen.
Can't fault the players efforts and positive display.
Spot on, it’s a pity the football gods ignore all that though and decide the victors by goals scored. We just can’t put teams to the sword . We need a gang of new forwards with Telford possibly the only viable retention. It’ll be interesting and absolutely critical who we recruit in the summer. Tbh Rowberry‘s selections haven’t cut it on the run in though he’s been unlucky with injuries at the wrong end of the season. It would have been interesting when our midfield was so depleted if he’d given Livermore a chance. We also needed more defenders to give Clarke and Demetriou the occasional rest, they’ve been really good but we’ve worked them to death this year, Mickey has looked jaded in the last few games though as always imo our best defender.

excessbee wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:39 pm Well, if we want to play successfully at a higher level we must be able to work out how to beat a very limited side like Sutton. We basically had one attacking player on the pitch, and how the other one stayed on for 88 minutes I will never know.

Street offers nothing. I thought he’d have done well with us but he’s been poor. The most he ran today was when he was subbed !
I’d much rather we played Ellison.

Exile 1976 wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:43 pm
excessbee wrote: April 18th, 2022, 5:39 pm Well, if we want to play successfully at a higher level we must be able to work out how to beat a very limited side like Sutton. We basically had one attacking player on the pitch, and how the other one stayed on for 88 minutes I will never know.

Street offers nothing. I thought he’d have done well with us but he’s been poor. The most he ran today was when he was subbed !
I’d much rather we played Ellison.
I am disappointed as he started well, remember him beating a couple of players in his first game and almost beat the keeper from 20 yards.
Missed the target from 2 sitters in last games so would have to agree with you. CBR faded over the season as well.