Re: Grandstand: Sutton United v Newport County (Away)

George Street-Bridge wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:07 am We passed the ball better but no points for that.. We could have been there till midnight and not scored.
Absolutely , apart from a couple of shots early on, we posed them very few problems. All they had to do was sit and breathe warm air on the fingernails and look smug. As I said at the time, we were about as clinical as Doctor Dolittle, no threat to their goal whatsoever.

lowandhard wrote: April 19th, 2022, 1:11 pm
George Street-Bridge wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:07 am We passed the ball better but no points for that.. We could have been there till midnight and not scored.
Absolutely , apart from a couple of shots early on, we posed them very few problems. All they had to do was sit and breathe warm air on the fingernails and look smug. As I said at the time, we were about as clinical as Doctor Dolittle, no threat to their goal whatsoever.
We were certainly more threat to their goal than they were to ours (penalty apart).

Blackandamber wrote: April 19th, 2022, 2:31 pm
We were certainly more threat to their goal than they were to ours (penalty apart).
The only threat to their goal second half was their defender when he smashed one against the upright! 😂

lowandhard wrote: April 19th, 2022, 9:40 pm
Blackandamber wrote: April 19th, 2022, 2:31 pm
The only threat to their goal second half was their defender when he smashed one against the upright! 😂

Yeah, that and the two headers that went narrowly wide plus Street blazing over from 7 yards. Plenty of good chances second half.