Re: Freeze season ticket prices, etc

Fu Ming wrote: April 19th, 2022, 3:54 pm It is to be expected that season tickets will rise, unfortunately.
Everything else is rising so the club will incur increases in travel, accommodation ground expenses etc.
In fairness to the club they have been getting more sponsorship in, read the article on NCAFC website regarding commercial update. https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... al-update/

Quote "At the start of this season, we implemented a new value-driven approach for our commercial partners. All seventeen partnerships from the 2020/21 season have been renewed for this season. We presently have forty-three partners and we have surpassed our commercial revenue target for this season.

Twenty-two partners from the 2021/22 season have already extended their partnerships for next season. We are meeting all of our existing commercial partners and new businesses to discuss opportunities for next season."
Maybe more can be done but reading the article it seems positive.
It is to be expected that season tickets will rise, unfortunately. why?! why should we as fans 'expect and accept'? not digging you out but the club should NOT be putting prices up every season as a reflex response we supposedly pride ourselves on being fan owned/community club lets lead the way on this one

Just to pick up on Cathedral saying the club will be milking fans with an increase on ST’s.An adult ST this season was £315,that works out at about £13.70 per game,that is pretty good value.As for milking,the WRU were charging fans £100 to sit up in the gods to see a dead rubber against Italy,that’s milking it.Kenny Dalglish is in St David’s Hall,the front seats are £350 each just for a two hour talk,now that £350 price should give you a translator or subtitles on the screen to know what he’s saying but,probably won’t.Even the cheap seats are £40 so,£13.70 isn’t milking it,if it goes up to say £14 then that is still fantastic value.

Percy plunkett wrote: April 20th, 2022, 6:49 pm Just to pick up on Cathedral saying the club will be milking fans with an increase on ST’s.An adult ST this season was £315,that works out at about £13.70 per game,that is pretty good value.As for milking,the WRU were charging fans £100 to sit up in the gods to see a dead rubber against Italy,that’s milking it.Kenny Dalglish is in St David’s Hall,the front seats are £350 each just for a two hour talk,now that £350 price should give you a translator or subtitles on the screen to know what he’s saying but,probably won’t.Even the cheap seats are £40 so,£13.70 isn’t milking it,if it goes up to say £14 then that is still fantastic value.
I think I said club shouldn't milk fans as opposed to them 'milking' currently but won't get bogged down on semantics - I enjoy rugby too and agree prices are steep - I paid about £68 to see Wales v Italy (was in the 'gods' but still a good view) a month or so back (a good game actually despite the result) - but objectively league 2 football is a lesser 'product' than international rugby in the 6 nations it has both cachet, history, cultural aspect, top athletes and a rarity factor too (Wales men's rugby play about 7-8 games at home in a calendar year - County about 40+) Newport county, as much as we love them have none of that!

My concern is the club cutting off their noses to spite their face - as mentioned if even [say] 20-30 season tickets holders don't renew and stop coming that's them and their children/families potentially lost forever that's a lot of social if not financial capital.

[edit] funnily enough as I type listening to Radio Wales phone in on international rugby ticket prices!