Re: 10 League Games to Go (5 down 5 to go)

Handolucifer wrote: April 10th, 2022, 10:47 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 10th, 2022, 9:35 pm
Handolucifer wrote: April 10th, 2022, 9:06 pm No team I ever played for went in to draw.
Germany v Austria, Ireland v Netherlands. Two World Cup games where a draw qualified both. Both ended in draws. I forget which player's book it was but apparently the referee in the Irish Dutch game begged the teams to play football. Every player on the pitch, all of whom knew that England were leading against Egypt, looked at the referee as if he were mad.
I did’nt play for them Stanley.
I know. I did though wonder what point you were trying to make. I mean in a discussion on Newport County's chances of promotion if I were to post, 'No team I played for was any good' whilst true would not really be relevant now would it?

Re: 10 League Games to Go (6 down 4 to go)

So today we well and truly dropped the ball so to speak. 3 home games on the bounce we have lost. This has now become a monkey on our back. We still have a mathematical chance of reaching 77 points but it is now looking a very tall order. This season we have no excuses regarding the playing surface. Believing in what you preach doesn't always bring you the results you strive for. We are averaging 1.8 points per game before today. So a outside chance of making the play offs is a slim chance. The manager and his coaching staff will be taking a long hard look at how they coach as there has been a dramatic change to our impact on the field of play in the last 6+ weeks.

Re: 10 League Games to Go (7 down 3 to go)

Time to re-assess after a run of poor performance's from the the Manger, Coaches and players, having only taken 7pts from a possible 21pts in our last 7 games, we now have 3 games left to salvage any chance of making the play off`s, a very slim but mathematical possibility. Sadly I cant see us doing it, confidence is low and can be seen by the actions of all those involved on match day.

My prediction for the last 3 games are W1 D1 L1 = 70pts for the season.

flat4 wrote: April 19th, 2022, 4:44 am Time to re-assess after a run of poor performance's from the the Manger, Coaches and players, having only taken 7pts from a possible 21pts in our last 7 games, we now have 3 games left to salvage any chance of making the play off`s, a very slim but mathematical possibility. Sadly I cant see us doing it, confidence is low and can be seen by the actions of all those involved on match day.

My prediction for the last 3 games are W1 D1 L1 = 70pts for the season.
Agree time to re-asses, as only a very slim chance now of making playoffs. Stating the obvious I know but the 3 home loses on the trot has seemingly scuppered our hopes for this season. Not for the first time in recent seasons we have seen tepid/below par displays from the players in front of large home support when it matters most. Handling that 'pressure' separates successful teams from also rans. Sadly we have been found wanting. i would include our wembley playoff finals in this summation also. Whilst accepting that management will always have some responsibility/part to play in the players psychology, I do apportion most of the blame on the players themselves.
Despite having painted a depressing and frustrating picture I have to say I have never been confident that we would be successful this season and actually found this season highly entertaining on many occasions, with some high quality creative football and spectacular goals. Arguably more entertaining than those seasons when we have reached the playoffs. I recall the debates and differing opinions on this forum as to which is more important ; Entertainment or points?

More successful no money from cup runs ie TV games! And possibly no play offs. Telford not looked like scoring in 9 games because why ? It's not because our football as been entertaining and creating chance after chance ! I get JR wants to put his own stamp on his team but to change something ie system at important part of the season imo was a mistake, wasn't broken so no need to be fixed.i last 3 games we've been well off it stole 3 points had Swindon out passed out played Crawley and lost a game hoofball at Sutton. Crazy thing is we could by hook or crook scrape into the play offs .whatever happens now be a very interesting summer we won't have the best midfielder and top scorer in league 2 next season. Just hope Jr got alot of contacts because looking at what business our SD done this season don't fill you with confidence. Signing players who most if not all have left or on loan at other clubs, .been disaster a bit like this development sqaud costing the club over 100k and look how that's worked out .

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 20th, 2022, 5:54 pm
lowandhard wrote: April 20th, 2022, 5:34 pm
Bonson&Hunt wrote: April 20th, 2022, 4:47 pm 11th 72 points
That’s what I think too, totally bottled it.
Harsh, but true IMO
I try to be realistic mate. We’ve lost 3 home games in front of large crowds and against a poor Sutton performance with loads of possession we failed to score. We haven’t just bottled it, we’ve jereboamed it! 😩

Re: 10 League Games to Go (8 down 2 to go)

So after yet another home disaster in front of a large crowd we through it all away again.

With 2 games left Port Vale (away) and Rochdale (home), the Port Vale game has now become just another game, But the Rochdale game, well that`s another matter, we must not end the season with yet another home defeat (ie 5 on the bounce) the impact of having that monkey on our back at the start of next would be a massive blow to our phycological belief. My prediction`s for the final 2 games are,

Port Vale L

Rochdale D