ulkraineinthebahrain wrote: January 27th, 2022, 8:40 am
I was surprised to see Fisher starting Tuesday as Rowberry described Collins as Telford's backup.
- First choice starter
- First choice starter but Rowberry has said he can't play all the time in case of injury. Lots of games in Feb
- Might drop out of the squad for Street. Haven't seen anything special from him. squad player at best.
- Fulham don't want him and I doubt no one wanted him on 1/2 season loan and will be released in the summer.
- His injuries might be taking longer to heal?
- Still in the squad for me
- A different option to Collins on the bench. If he can score 1-2 goals that give us a win or draw. He will be worth the money. No more than Ellison or Collins will do with limited game time for the rest of the season.
With Covid and the risk of injuries, I think we need some backup/competition.
Agree with your view, and it’s something I’ve suggested we needed on another thread (realistic competition up front).
If you look at those strikers though, all were signed by MF or in Collins’ case came through MF’s academy, except Street. So even though the DoF scouts and recommends potential new players this is the first attacker JR has had a say in whether to sign him.
In my view they all bring different strengths and it’s good we have square pegs ready to go in square holes if needed.