Crowd v Barrow Saturday?

No guesses needed but do people think we'll get a larger than usual home crowd given a) we are now in the top 3 b) we have been starved of live football in Newport for over a month?

Now obviously Barrow won't bring hordes with them (and not knocking that as Barrow is a flippin long way from anywhere and they are not massively well supported partly due to size of town and location anyway).

I have a season ticket so will be there regardless.

Re: Crowd v Barrow Saturday?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 26th, 2022, 3:43 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 3:17 pm3500
Guessing 3700. Those still keeping away because of covid would have seen case rates not significantly different in Wales since the last home game with fans, and indeed hospilisations have doubled.
Tend to agree, despite the deafening silence on the media on Covid figures ( and testing figures are at best haphazard ) about 2 thousand people are dying every week from Covid but nobody seems to care any more.

Covid has been keeping me away from games because of my age and a lung condition which makes me vulnerable. Thanks to iFollow I've seen every game though, home and away. I've now concluded that it is time to return, high up on the north terrace in complete fresh air, wearing three masks, and 20 feet away from anyone else. So 3,701.

G Guest wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:26 pm Covid has been keeping me away from games because of my age and a lung condition which makes me vulnerable. Thanks to iFollow I've seen every game though, home and away. I've now concluded that it is time to return, high up on the north terrace in complete fresh air, wearing three masks, and 20 feet away from anyone else. So 3,701.
Loving this post.

landinho wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:27 pm Looks like it’ll be a dry day, first game in a while, and an in form team. Surely we should be getting 4,000.

On the topic, here is something I found - points per game vs average crowd. Surprising how poor our gate is, there are 6 teams in the National League who get bigger crowds than us…
Thanks very much for that, most illuminating. I have to say though that but for our “ lost generation “ I think we’d probably be about on the average line. Let’s hope our current streak brings a few more newbies.

G Guest wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:26 pm Covid has been keeping me away from games because of my age and a lung condition which makes me vulnerable. Thanks to iFollow I've seen every game though, home and away. I've now concluded that it is time to return, high up on the north terrace in complete fresh air, wearing three masks, and 20 feet away from anyone else. So 3,701.

Enjoy your return mate