Re: Crowd v Barrow Saturday?

excessbee wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:02 pm
George Street-Bridge wrote: January 26th, 2022, 5:48 pm Two home attendances of zero won't have helped the stats.
I was wondering if those two matches were recorded as zero attendance.
So that figure is from footballwebpages.co.uk/newport-county/attendances - it's only including League Two games (so not Soton) and only those with crowds,

For league games our avg is 3712.
For cup + league, our average is 3763.

lowandhard wrote: January 26th, 2022, 10:58 pm I know reading is a difficult skill but the poster did write, β€œ no guesses needed β€œ πŸ˜‚
Ha ha! yes I wanted to spark a discussion on whether we'd get a bigger crowd due to not having had live football for over a month but the default on this I guess is a number which makes sense really, guess because we don't own our own ground and it's not actually that big we can't do a 'Bradford' and go for stupidly cheap season tickets/prices I hope we get around the 4,200 mark

lowandhard wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:10 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 26th, 2022, 3:43 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: January 26th, 2022, 3:17 pm3500
Guessing 3700. Those still keeping away because of covid would have seen case rates not significantly different in Wales since the last home game with fans, and indeed hospilisations have doubled.
Tend to agree, despite the deafening silence on the media on Covid figures ( and testing figures are at best haphazard ) about 2 thousand people are dying every week from Covid but nobody seems to care any more.
Don't you mean "with COVID" not from.... different thing entirely

CathedralCounty wrote: January 27th, 2022, 8:57 am
lowandhard wrote: January 26th, 2022, 10:58 pm I know reading is a difficult skill but the poster did write, β€œ no guesses needed β€œ πŸ˜‚
Ha ha! yes I wanted to spark a discussion on whether we'd get a bigger crowd due to not having had live football for over a month but the default on this I guess is a number which makes sense really, guess because we don't own our own ground and it's not actually that big we can't do a 'Bradford' and go for stupidly cheap season tickets/prices I hope we get around the 4,200 mark

Don't anticipate any significant increase in numbers because of no live football for over a month. Suspect any increase would be more likely to be attributable to our position in the league and the dry weather forecast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would see it as less of a risk covid wise yet. Neither do I anticipate any improvement in people's discipline with regards mask wearing or social distancing in the concourse areas.

County Valleyboy wrote: January 27th, 2022, 10:14 am
Guessing 3700. Those still keeping away because of covid would have seen case rates not significantly different in Wales since the last home game with fans, and indeed hospilisations have doubled.
Tend to agree, despite the deafening silence on the media on Covid figures ( and testing figures are at best haphazard ) about 2 thousand people are dying every week from Covid but nobody seems to care any more.
Indeed - without sparking that debate again (please noooo!), while I'm not blasΓ© about Covid the real threat to people in attending an outdoor event is very limited and, due respect to anyone in this category, if people are scared for real or imagined reasons about getting Covid - then they should stay at home.

G Guest wrote: January 26th, 2022, 4:26 pm Covid has been keeping me away from games because of my age and a lung condition which makes me vulnerable. Thanks to iFollow I've seen every game though, home and away. I've now concluded that it is time to return, high up on the north terrace in complete fresh air, wearing three masks, and 20 feet away from anyone else. So 3,701.
And an empty bottle just in case you get caught short.

excessbee wrote: January 27th, 2022, 12:56 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 27th, 2022, 12:46 pm COVID bedwetters not welcome. Listen to it on iFollow if you're scared.
An unnecessary comment bearing in mind those that have lost family members. I'll be there but respect those who choose not to attend.
Exactly that . Would add those not fully vaccinated and falsely providing evidence of such or a LFT negative definitely not welcome. Listen to it on Ifollow.

County Valleyboy wrote: January 27th, 2022, 10:14 am
Ok as opposed to those that die β€œ with cancer β€œ or β€œ with heart disease β€œ as opposed to β€œ from cancer β€œ and β€œ from heart disease β€œ . There’s invariably a number of factors but we all end up with either the heart/lung machine failing us or somebody switching off the plug.