Re: Worth signing?

Yes, understand your point fully Mr Cathedral, we should prioritise cover at the back and ensuring we can get the on-loan midfielders to stay a little longer.

But it’s clear we need competitive cover in every position so who have we got to replace our strikers who will realistically get 10+ goals a season? The Fish? Hard-working but I don’t see him as prolific. Collins? Good promise attacking from deep and is a valuable squad member but can he do it consistently all season? Big Kev? Not sure he’s really an ‘out and out striker’ any more.

But you’re right - we need cover in the weaker areas first but I’d hate to see this lad Dallas join a rival on a free transfer and start banging in the goals.

Re: Worth signing?

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: January 24th, 2022, 11:30 am Not saying we should rush out to buy this player immediately despite his current hot streak, but that I hope he would be on our radar as someone worthy of a trial where he might also be local-ish.
He's from Glasgow, originally with Rangers. Wikipedia says Cambridge paid a fee but then lent him out to Weymouth for the second half of last season, extended his contract last July but sold him to Solihull in August. This is his profile from our programme early last season.

Penned a two-year deal at the Abbey Stadium last summer after opting to leave Scottish giants Rangers and used mostly as an impact sub in his first season - 20 of his 28 appearances. Andrew signed after he scored for Rangers against the U’s in a friendly. Progressing through the youth ranks at Ibrox, he scored regularly in the development leagues then enjoyed loan time with Stenhousemuir and Greenock Morton.