Worth signing?

I see Solihull striker Andrew Dallas scored five in today’s game, before being subbed on 56mins. This followed up his hat-trick in midweek.

I think he’s the same player who scored stacks for Weymouth from midfield last season.

I hope our DoF has this lad on his radar?

Re: Worth signing?

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 9:20 pm
lowandhard wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:54 pm I expect Wrexham have paid £3 million for him
Yes, but he probably wants to play league football and he won’t get that with Wrexham will he?
I don't think 'league football' is as much of a draw when he's probably being paid just as much as he would get with most clubs in this league.

Solihull will be pushing for promotion - doubt they would even consider selling him mid-season unless it's silly money.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:52 pm I see Solihull striker Andrew Dallas scored five in today’s game, before being subbed on 56mins. This followed up his hat-trick in midweek.

I think he’s the same player who scored stacks for Weymouth from midfield last season.

We don't need goal scorers we need goal stoppers! [defenders/Defensive MF] we have the 2nd best goals scored record in league 2 but one of the worst goals conceded as well (or we accept that is what it is and go with the approach of we'll score more so who cares?)

CathedralCounty wrote: January 24th, 2022, 8:17 am
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 8:52 pm I see Solihull striker Andrew Dallas scored five in today’s game, before being subbed on 56mins. This followed up his hat-trick in midweek.

We don't need goal scorers we need goal stoppers! [defenders/Defensive MF] we have the 2nd best goals scored record in league 2 but one of the worst goals conceded as well (or we accept that is what it is and go with the approach of we'll score more so who cares?)

Can't argue with the facts about our goals scored and conceded record. Given that there appears to be no certainty that we will be able to recruit anyone else, we may not have any option to accept 'it is what it is'. Haven't we heard that phrase somewhere before?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 24th, 2022, 10:43 am
CathedralCounty wrote: January 24th, 2022, 8:17 am

Can't argue with the facts about our goals scored and conceded record. Given that there appears to be no certainty that we will be able to recruit anyone else, we may not have any option to accept 'it is what it is'. Haven't we heard that phrase somewhere before?

It is the same guy

He scored 12goals from 25 appearances for Weymouth whilst on loan from Cambridge United ,where his League 2 record of 2 goals from 23 games wasnt great

Yes might be the same player Neil but I think there are two NL strikers called Dallas.

Not saying we should rush out to buy this player immediately despite his current hot streak, but that I hope he would be on our radar as someone worthy of a trial where he might also be local-ish.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: January 24th, 2022, 11:30 am Yes might be the same player Neil but I think there are two NL strikers called Dallas.

Not saying we should rush out to buy this player immediately despite his current hot streak, but that I hope he would be on our radar as someone worthy of a trial where he might also be local-ish.
But my point is we don't need a striker so pointless looking at him - lets get a slightly more defensively minded player(s) in - who can fit in with our attacking style but can actually help defend the goal effectively - we've let in 34 goals (give or take 1.5 goals a game) which, albeit Sutton & Swindon haven’t been that great defensively either, isn’t a great total when you consider [say] Bristol Rovers are sitting 15th and have conceded the same - stats don’t mean that much and if we don’t keep a clean sheet for the rest of the season but manage to score more than the opposition more times than not we’ll be on target for promotion or play offs – however if you look at some late/poor goals which have winded us (like V Swindon) a slightly tougher defence would help

excessbee wrote: January 24th, 2022, 12:10 pm Who was the striker we signed about three or four years ago with an excellent scoring record in lower leagues. Looked like he needed twelve months of feeding to build him up. Nowhere near league standard and moved on about six months later.
Thankfully I have no reason to watch National Lge football at the moment, so can’t comment on this lad, but he’s plying his trade at a far higher level than Meacham ever did.