Re: Over to you, Mark

westsider wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:06 pm
County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:33 pm "And, second, from Monday the requirement to be 'fully vaccinated' for the purposes of Covid certification will include having a booster if the second dose was more than four months ago."

Is this only Scotland?
Let's hope so. I rang this morning for an updated paper copy and was told that boosters hadn't been added to the paper one and there was no date by which this would be done. I was told to get a digital one, which I already had done, and the booster is on there. I just find it easier to use the paper one than dig it off my phone (specially when it's chucking it down and the screen is hard to see, never mind touch through the water, as it did against Carlisle). My husband doesn't have a smartphone and doesn't want one so he has to have the paper. So would be tough to not allow entry because WG/NHS are tardy in updating their certificates.
Your husband sounds a very sensible man not getting that NHS spy app. You wait till everyone on here starts crying when the app tells them to go home immediately and lock themselves in the basement. I'm going to a get paper version 100% for the reasons stated above. lol. Thank you for sharing about the booster status in Wales in regards to a legit vax passport. :bounce:

County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:33 pm "And, second, from Monday the requirement to be 'fully vaccinated' for the purposes of Covid certification will include having a booster if the second dose was more than four months ago."

Is this only Scotland?
Let's hope so. I rang this morning for an updated paper copy and was told that boosters hadn't been added to the paper one and there was no date by which this would be done. I was told to get a digital one, which I already had done, and the booster is on there. I just find it easier to use the paper one than dig it off my phone (specially when it's chucking it down and the screen is hard to see, never mind touch through the water, as it did against Carlisle). My husband doesn't have a smartphone and doesn't want one so he has to have the paper. So would be tough to not allow entry because WG/NHS are tardy in updating their certificates.
Disappointed to hear that the booster is not yet available in paper form. Will surely need to be available when inevitably evidence of such will be required for entry to events.

County4Life wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:18 pm

Is this only Scotland?
Your husband sounds a very sensible man not getting that NHS spy app. You wait till everyone on here starts crying when the app tells them to go home immediately and lock themselves in the basement. I'm going to a get paper version 100% for the reasons stated above. lol. Thank you for sharing about the booster status in Wales in regards to a legit vax passport. :bounce:
Just to confirm the NHS app is separate to the Covid Passport, which is linked from the NHS website, rather than the separate app.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:27 pm
County4Life wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:18 pm

Is this only Scotland?
Just to confirm the NHS app is separate to the Covid Passport, which is linked from the NHS website, rather than the separate app.
Nice one mate, i need to be informed of these things as I have neither as yet. The current NHS app is solely for tracking your whereabouts by signing into venues?

Ah interesting, it's another app i've seen other people use. NHS COVID-19

The app allows users to:

See the alert level of their local authority area (in Wales) or information about restrictions (in England); to enable this, the user must enter the first half of their postcode[2]
"Check in" at places displaying an NHS QR code poster[3]
Be notified when they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus[4]
Be notified when local health protection teams determine that people with the virus had attended a business or other venue around the same time as the user[5]
Check their symptoms, and book a coronavirus test if necessary[6]
If asked to self-isolate, receive information and a daily "countdown".[7]

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:54 pm There are two NHS app's, one is the portal to gain access/information on NHS services. The other is the infamous NHS track and trace.
The first port of call for a covid passport however, is to go on the NHS website, and it directs to the Welsh Covid Passport from there.
Cheers for the info mate, will be applying soon enough :bounce:

There are encouraging comments from Eluned Morgan today about "very positive signs" that the Omicron epidemic has peaked in Wales and that some restrictions can be dismantled. Also Plaid appear to be in favour of allowing crowds back into sports grounds as are the Conservatives. This means that Labour will have difficulty in carrying on with the prohibition on crowds since they do not have a majority in the Senedd. Add the changes in Scotland from next week into the mix and I think we have cause for optimism that we will be back in RP within 2 weeks.

County4Life wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:47 pm Ah interesting, it's another app i've seen other people use. NHS COVID-19

The app allows users to:

See the alert level of their local authority area (in Wales) or information about restrictions (in England); to enable this, the user must enter the first half of their postcode[2]
"Check in" at places displaying an NHS QR code poster[3]
Be notified when they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus[4]
Be notified when local health protection teams determine that people with the virus had attended a business or other venue around the same time as the user[5]
Check their symptoms, and book a coronavirus test if necessary[6]
If asked to self-isolate, receive information and a daily "countdown".[7]
You can also enter Covid test results into the NHS Covid app as well. It has been operating for over a year or so. The Covid Passport has only been available for a few months.

Another good one is the Covid 19 by ZOE. There are over 4 million contributors so far and it is led by Scientists from Kings in London. I think Tim Specter is the Director. It gives excellent info on all aspects of Covid including new symptoms, active cases in your region or nationally. You enter info on yourself (any symptoms) every day. Well worth a look in any case.