Re: Over to you, Mark

Jonesy3 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:59 pm
County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:40 pm You lot going to jabbing yourselves forever, Wales will follow suit and make boosters part of the vax certificate requirement and you will roll up your sleeves (not in the old fashioned way) and take it. I must respect everyone's choices, but that's not for me.
You don't sound like you respect everyone's choices.

Is it just this vaccine you don't trust/want or is it medicine/science/vaccinations in general?
I will cut the bs on here, you asked a very strong question that's hard to answer. For the record i've had 1 jab and got to get another for this 'vax passport,' prob go down to Newport lesiure centre and get it soon. I am moving abroad soon.

I don't trust where this is all heading, i do not trust the Gov so it's down to me not trusting the establishment. Back to the news i'm furious the goal posts keep moving. Before i started this quest for my passport i was told it would take 2!

I have reservations on other things which will remain private, main concern is abuse of liberties

excessbee wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:46 pm But lateral flow test still an acceptable alternative.
Unfortunately not a supervised LFT test. Which means it is quite easily lied about. Appreciate it is not practible to do it for sports fixtures like it is for boarding a cruise ship for example.
Yet given the tiny percentage of people who have been medically advised against having the vaccine could it be possible for only those people to be given the option of a supervised LFT test? or a recent Negative PCR?

County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 4:12 pm
County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:40 pm You lot going to jabbing yourselves forever, Wales will follow suit and make boosters part of the vax certificate requirement and you will roll up your sleeves (not in the old fashioned way) and take it. I must respect everyone's choices, but that's not for me.

Is it just this vaccine you don't trust/want or is it medicine/science/vaccinations in general?
I will cut the bs on here, you asked a very strong question that's hard to answer. For the record i've had 1 jab and got to get another for this 'vax passport,' prob go down to Newport lesiure centre and get it soon. I am moving abroad soon.

I don't trust where this is all heading, i do not trust the Gov so it's down to me not trusting the establishment. Back to the news i'm furious the goal posts keep moving. Before i started this quest for my passport i was told it would take 2!

I have reservations on other things which will remain private, main concern is abuse of liberties
All of which is fair enough, and far better to read than some of the anti-vax nonsense out there. I also don't trust politicians but I do trust science and medicine (it's my background), hence happy to have had my three jabs. But I'm dead against mandatory vaccination. So while I disagree with your view, I'll defend your right to hold it.

Jonesy3 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 4:27 pm
County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 4:12 pm

All of which is fair enough, and far better to read than some of the anti-vax nonsense out there. I also don't trust politicians but I do trust science and medicine (it's my background), hence happy to have had my three jabs. But I'm dead against mandatory vaccination. So while I disagree with your view, I'll defend your right to hold it.
:bounce: :bounce: cheers mate! I refuse to fall out with people over all of this too. Let the beer flow at RP :bounce:

CathedralCounty wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:55 pm
County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:46 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:43 pm
County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:33 pm "And, second, from Monday the requirement to be 'fully vaccinated' for the purposes of Covid certification will include having a booster if the second dose was more than four months ago."

Is this only Scotland?
Believe so at the moment.
Honestly now, I do respect people's opinions and that's o.k if you want the protection science offers.

This news is goal-posts being moved all the time, that's giving creedence to those opposed imo
good point - especially as while the vaccines/boosters do reduce transmission slightly & unarguably the effects of covid significantly they are not a magic bullet although think people should have them - masks indoors/concourses and social distancing should be used as should bars perhaps be closed for the meantime (I'm treble jabbed btw) given likelihood of at least another booster round updating vaccine 'passports' esp the paper ones which are a nightmare to get (at the time my smart phone wasn't working- don't ask! hence paper passport)
I just want the bloody passport to travel. And sure it will be a paper (if g.post's don't move) one as i'd rather not have a Gov app on phone.

Also, I love the way the Scots Gov just slipped that one in after giving Scots football fans their 'freedom' back. It doesn't matter which side if the fence you sit, for me that's so underhanded and slimey. :bounce:

County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 4:48 pm
County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:33 pm "And, second, from Monday the requirement to be 'fully vaccinated' for the purposes of Covid certification will include having a booster if the second dose was more than four months ago."

Is this only Scotland?
Honestly now, I do respect people's opinions and that's o.k if you want the protection science offers.

This news is goal-posts being moved all the time, that's giving creedence to those opposed imo
good point - especially as while the vaccines/boosters do reduce transmission slightly & unarguably the effects of covid significantly they are not a magic bullet although think people should have them - masks indoors/concourses and social distancing should be used as should bars perhaps be closed for the meantime (I'm treble jabbed btw) given likelihood of at least another booster round updating vaccine 'passports' esp the paper ones which are a nightmare to get (at the time my smart phone wasn't working- don't ask! hence paper passport)
I just want the bloody passport to travel. And sure it will be a paper (if g.post's don't move) one as i'd rather not have a Gov app on phone.

Also, I love the way the Scots Gov just slipped that one in after giving Scots football fans their 'freedom' back. It doesn't matter which side if the fence you sit, for me that's so underhanded and slimey. :bounce:
Given the differing efficacy between 2 jabs and 3 against the omicron varient it was inevitable that the booster jab will be needed for a covid pass. And will required soon in other countries around the world as many have already openly and publicly indicated, including England. Think only the very naive would believe any different. Bearing in mind there are Countries of course that will not accept people from the UK covid vaccinated or not.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 11th, 2022, 5:16 pm

Is this only Scotland?

Given the differing efficacy between 2 jabs and 3 against the omicron varient it was inevitable that the booster jab will be needed for a covid pass. And will required soon in other countries around the world as many have already openly and publicly indicated, including England. Think only the very naive would believe any different. Bearing in mind there are Countries of course that will not accept people from the UK covid vaccinated or not.
I can agree i'm being naive somewhat, although when I had my first jab, it was 2 and there's your passport.

My naivety/hypocrisy lies where i mildly criticise people 'for being jabbed forever' if I leave the UK on 2 jabs, i'll have to return at some point and will have to comply with whatever the requirement for entry is. That's something I have to deal with when the time comes, not happy the way i'm coerced into it tbh. Anyway no more jab talk from me :bounce: :bounce:

County4Life wrote: January 11th, 2022, 5:31 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 11th, 2022, 5:16 pm

Is this only Scotland?

I can agree i'm being naive somewhat, although when I had my first jab, it was 2 and there's your passport.

My naivety/hypocrisy lies where i mildly criticise people 'for being jabbed forever' if I leave the UK on 2 jabs, i'll have to return at some point and will have to comply with whatever the requirement for entry is. That's something I have to deal with when the time comes, not happy the way i'm coerced into it tbh. Anyway no more jab talk from me :bounce: :bounce:
Unfortunately I cannot promise the same. Can understand some degree of mistrust of governments, but given their diverse response to the pandemic and vaccinations compared to the consistent message, to the best of my knowledge, of medicine/science worldwide. I cannot see any logical reason to be against being vaccinated.
I'm in no doubt that the more people who are fully vaccinated worldwide the better it will be for the world's health in the longterm, as history has proved it to be in relation to other diseases. The world's health overall being far more important than you or I's or any County supporters individual choice.
Doesn't all laws passed, even by democratically elected governments, deny the rights of individuals to make what choice they wish for the greater common good. Presumably there are some anarchists who believe that no Government should have that right.
Therefore I'm in favour of coercion, emotional blackmail and/or denial of access to non-essential public places for those who will not get vaccinated. To use Macron's rhetoric 'to piss them off'.
Of course there would have to be an exemption for those medically advised against vaccination.

They could, however, have announced half capacity for smaller stadiums immediately, to allow some income into the businesses. This gives them another week or two to accommodate the Six Nations if they wish. Drakeford will clearly not wish to be seen to be taking a lead from Scotland just yet.

Edit: Of course, not doing so is of no consequence as our next home date is 29th. Swansea, on the other hand, would like fans in on 22nd.

excessbee wrote: January 11th, 2022, 6:29 pm They could, however, have announced half capacity for smaller stadiums immediately, to allow some income into the businesses. This gives them another week or two to accommodate the Six Nations if they wish. Drakeford will clearly not wish to be seen to be taking a lead from Scotland just yet.

Edit: Of course, not doing so is of no consequence as our next home date is 29th.

My understanding is he has re-iterated again today what he has said previously, I.e. there will only be a relaxtion announced at next week's review if, and it's a big if, the figures show that the peak is over. I assume from that he means hospital numbers rather than case numbers which will inevitably fall due to the changed requirements to get a PCR test.
In relation to the paper covid passes I believe you can now 'phone to get an updated one if you have had your booster and your current certificate doesn't record it.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:46 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 11th, 2022, 3:34 pm I note that the Welsh Government have announced spending of £12 million to ease the bedblocking situation. They will be providing apparatus that will alow people to live at home. Carers will have the necessary tools to enable this, along with funds for pharmacy assistance rather than people turn up at A&E.
I guess this money will come from the £120 million fund set aside for compensation. Hopefully more will be used in this way, if the peak is reached sooner than the scientific model predicted.
Good - a close relative works on a ward in a local hospital - they say the ward clerks (who are responsible for admin but mainly discharge of patients) don’t do a particularly good job albeit they concede that they [the ward clerks not the close relative] are limited by social services and the absence of a safe place for the [usually] elderly so called 'bed blockers' to live – the process could definitely be streamlined and vastly improved and while chucking money at something doesn’t always help I think £12 million isn’t nearly enough!
Hopefully the vast amount of the £120 million will end up being spent in this way.

Is this only Scotland?
Let's hope so. I rang this morning for an updated paper copy and was told that boosters hadn't been added to the paper one and there was no date by which this would be done. I was told to get a digital one, which I already had done, and the booster is on there. I just find it easier to use the paper one than dig it off my phone (specially when it's chucking it down and the screen is hard to see, never mind touch through the water, as it did against Carlisle). My husband doesn't have a smartphone and doesn't want one so he has to have the paper. So would be tough to not allow entry because WG/NHS are tardy in updating their certificates.