Re: Covid

County4Life wrote: December 15th, 2021, 10:01 am
George Street-Bridge wrote: December 15th, 2021, 7:46 am This is where the Brexiters' "the British people will not be rule-takers" lands you.
So you are blaming the current omicron outbreak on the people who are perfectly healthy. Getting triggered by seeing someone without a mask is you're own prejudice, you need to come to terms with that.
Don't intend to speak for GSB, but didn't see where he said the blame for the current omicron outbreak is on people who are perfectly healthy.
I admit to being triggered by and prejudiced by seeing people's flagrant criminal behaviour in ignoring the law on mask wearing.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:20 am
George Street-Bridge wrote: December 15th, 2021, 7:46 am This is where the Brexiters' "the British people will not be rule-takers" lands you.
So you are blaming the current omicron outbreak on the people who are perfectly healthy. Getting triggered by seeing someone without a mask is you're own prejudice, you need to come to terms with that.
Don't intend to speak for GSB, but didn't see where he said the blame for the current omicron outbreak is on people who are perfectly healthy.
I admit to being triggered by and prejudiced by seeing people's flagrant criminal behaviour in ignoring the law on mask wearing.
Criminal behaviour is now showing you're face in public, think about what you're saying, have a nap and sleep on it

Lost in Willesden wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:24 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:16 am
County4Life wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:04 am
lowandhard wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:00 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: December 14th, 2021, 10:58 pm
County4Life wrote: December 14th, 2021, 9:27 pm As for myself wearing a mask. I have the ability to organise my own life and can make the decision for myself.

6pm is carnage on the M4 Junctions heading to the Port, I can decide the risk appetite I have to drive through it.
Of course you are able to make the decision for yourself about wearing a mask. As I am able to make the decision of labelling those that don't wear one in places where it is mandatory to do so as breaking the law and thus criminals.
Quite. And given the carnage that has been visited on this country and the associated grief due to bereavement I really don’t understand how those who break the regulations and act recklessly can sleep at night though I suppose that a lack of sleep would involve having a conscience.
You're wishes will come to fruition, In the Government’s own 'Plan B'it is very clear ministers’ preference is for vaccine-only passports. Enjoy
I don't see 'Plan B' it that way, but admittedly i haven't read it extensively and could be interpreting the ministers' preference wrongly.
I do feel however that this thread has moved away from being a football topic and may be better suited to 'everything else'
Grow a backbone.

It's a ..".were having an open meeting, to talk at you again."

This is absolutely a football matter. Games are being cancelled as we speak. Step-up take resistibility or resign.
Not sure who you mistaken believe I am. I have no post to resign from.

George Street-Bridge wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:19 am Huh? How on earth do you arrive at that?

I'm saying saying it suited the government to promote the idea that rules are something you can take or leave and that is now biting them in the arse.
I can't comment until I know exactly what you mean, don't want to misinterpret again. Which rules?

County4Life wrote: December 15th, 2021, 9:54 am
lowandhard wrote: December 15th, 2021, 9:41 am I suppose I’ll just have to mention that it’s a lot more than a football matter and to put this into perspective. All I can say to those who don’t want any more “rules and regs” affecting their day out, is this, already South Wales Hospitals have queues of 6-8 hours at least at admission points and the ambulance service can’t cope as a consequence. The NHS is breaking down and the response of the selfish is “ I’ll go where I like how I like and unmasked if I want to “ - makes you wonder doesn’t it?
When wasn't it 6-8 hours to admission pre COVID? The NHS is not breaking down, utter nonsense.
The NHS is being stretched right now to a point that it has never experienced in 75 years of existence. Listen to what Senior NHS Managers are saying. There are clinics being postponed and put back for months because (rightly or wrongly) the NHS Managers are concentrating on preventing patients being admitted to hospital and overwhelming the NHS when Omicron becomes the dominant variant in a few days.

People need to follow the scientists advice. Try and stop the spread of this f****ng virus and the best way is by those that are able to get their jabs and booster jabs and by members of the public wearing face masks in public to protect themselves and other people. I fail to understand why people cannot see this.
Last edited by pembsexile on December 15th, 2021, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pembsexile wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:41 am
lowandhard wrote: December 15th, 2021, 9:41 am I suppose I’ll just have to mention that it’s a lot more than a football matter and to put this into perspective. All I can say to those who don’t want any more “rules and regs” affecting their day out, is this, already South Wales Hospitals have queues of 6-8 hours at least at admission points and the ambulance service can’t cope as a consequence. The NHS is breaking down and the response of the selfish is “ I’ll go where I like how I like and unmasked if I want to “ - makes you wonder doesn’t it?
When wasn't it 6-8 hours to admission pre COVID? The NHS is not breaking down, utter nonsense.
The NHS is being stretched right now to a point that it has never experienced in 75 years of existence. Listen to what Senior NHS Managers are saying. There are clinics being postponed and put back for months because (rightly or wrongly) the NHS Managers are concentrating on preventing patients being admitted to hospital and overwhelming the NHS when Omricon becomes the dominant variant in a few days.

People need to follow the scientists advice. Try and stop the spread of this f****ng virus and the best way is by those that are able to get their jabs and booster jabs and by members of the public wearing face masks in public to protect themselves and other people. I fail to understand why people cannot see this.
Whereas I understand the concerns, by your own admission you cannot understand why a person would not adhere to the guidelines. Why is that so hard for you?
Civil liberties are being stripped to the bone
Last edited by County4Life on December 15th, 2021, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

County4Life wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:48 am
The NHS is being stretched right now to a point that it has never experienced in 75 years of existence. Listen to what Senior NHS Managers are saying. There are clinics being postponed and put back for months because (rightly or wrongly) the NHS Managers are concentrating on preventing patients being admitted to hospital and overwhelming the NHS when Omricon becomes the dominant variant in a few days.

Whereas I understand the concerns, by your own admission you cannot understand why a person would not adhere to the guidelines. Why is that so hard for you?
We live in a world in which many people want their rights but not their responsibilities. A recipe for disaster.

Blackandamber wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:59 am

We live in a world in which many people want their rights but not their responsibilities. A recipe for disaster.
You are happy to blame, marginalize without ever considering what these people who 'shun their responsibilities' have actually done wrong. Not wearing a face mask? Really?!

Yes, I cannot understand why reasonable people would not do all they can to help prevent the spread of this awful virus. It’s not about your individual civil liberties, it’s about society and the general public. Other people. It seems you find that difficult to understand. Listen to the Scientists. No need for me to repeat their message here.

Have a look at the Utilitarian message. It is very relevant.

pembsexile wrote: December 15th, 2021, 12:10 pm

Yes, I cannot understand why reasonable people would not do all they can to help prevent the spread of this awful virus. It’s not about your individual civil liberties, it’s about society and the general public. Other people. It seems you find that difficult to understand. Listen to the Scientists. No need for me to repeat their message here.

Have a look at the Utilitarian message. It is very relevant.
Herein lies the problem, I don't automatically link an unmasked face to danger, while others do. I have never once in my life thought I put somebody else in danger by talking to them without a mask on.
There is no strong evidence a mask wearing society combats spread. The government had admitted as much albeit with gritted teeth. Javid has been asked in the commons when a tory M.P branded the study 'mumbo jumbo' Anyway, my view is that people need to start respecting people implicitly both sides.

County4Life wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:23 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: December 15th, 2021, 11:20 am
Criminal behaviour is now showing you're face in public, think about what you're saying, have a nap and sleep on it
I don't feel the need think any further about stating what is a fact.