Re: Covid

County4Life wrote: December 16th, 2021, 2:52 pm Hate to leave you guys, but i got a non-mask wearing trip to the gym to attend. Talk later :lol:
Enjoy it. Have a good one. I went yesterday, will go again tomorrow. Wore my mask until I got on the cross trainer machine. You are not allowed in the Leisure Centre without one. Put it back on before I left the fitness suite.😀. In truth, I actually wore it for the first few seconds whilst setting the machine up, I forgot I had it on and then thought what a plonker I looked.🙈 Hope no one noticed.

A further 88,376 coronavirus cases have been reported in the UK, according to the government's daily figures.

There have also been another 146 deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Can someone remind me if the reported daily cases are just from positive PCR tests, or do they include lateral flow tests as well.

Blackandamber wrote: December 16th, 2021, 4:56 pm A further 88,376 coronavirus cases have been reported in the UK, according to the government's daily figures.

Can someone remind me if the reported daily cases are just from positive PCR tests, or do they include lateral flow tests as well.
The good news is that Public Health Wales have reported that there were no Covid deaths today. The first time this has happened since August.

Blackandamber wrote: December 16th, 2021, 4:56 pm A further 88,376 coronavirus cases have been reported in the UK, according to the government's daily figures.

Just PCR tests. Fortunately, there is no surge in deaths , hospital admissions or people on ventilators currently.

Blackandamber wrote: December 16th, 2021, 5:08 pm EFL statement on Covid vaccination by players:

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/december/ ... 19-update/

The latest vaccine data collated for November has shown that 75% of players across the EFL are either fully vaccinated, have had a single jab or intend to be vaccinated. Double vaccinated players total 59%, 16% are set to get the jab, while 25% of players currently do not intend to get a vaccine.

Wow!! :(
Sadly, given their age range, similar figures to the rest of society.

I initially saw these figures and was disappointed, but looking into it, I think it gives some hope. The 59% figure is low, clearly lots of hold outs early on. But 75% is good for first doses and means some have recently reconsidered. The figure for English males 18-39 (so similar to your average player) is 78% so a few more second jabs and the EFL should sort this out. Just a shame we'll probably see more postponed games for the next few weeks.

landinho wrote: December 16th, 2021, 11:41 pm I initially saw these figures and was disappointed, but looking into it, I think it gives some hope. The 59% figure is low, clearly lots of hold outs early on. But 75% is good for first doses and means some have recently reconsidered. The figure for English males 18-39 (so similar to your average player) is 78% so a few more second jabs and the EFL should sort this out. Just a shame we'll probably see more postponed games for the next few weeks.
We do not know the vaxination staus of the players who contracted. Unfair to link the two. I'm sure everybody knows someone who is vaxxed and still unfortunately contracted

Good Morning
Only a matter of time before more players contract the new variant and more games get called off. Northampton have outbreak in squad and match off tomorrow. A few more and we must be looking at a break of some kind. I think we will do well to finish the season. Hopefully we can get a high enough position for the time when decisions on promotion are made.

Phil in Northampton

Well, the EFL has stated that if a club has fourteen available players including a goalkeeper, they should play the fixture. My immediate reaction was that would make postponements less likely, but immediately there were three announced. The cynic in me was not surprised Port Vale's game was amongst them. A team which has a few key players infected merely has to declare both their goalkeepers have tested positive and they don't have to play.